• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Lyngdorf RoomPerfect EQ

Overseas

Major Contributor
My goal is clear, to add RC by one click, no complicated stuff needing a smart operator. Dunno if feasible.

Mr. Widget

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My goal is clear, to add RC by one click, no complicated stuff needing a smart operator. Dunno if feasible.
It is absolutely feasible. Buy the Lyngdorf. It is extremely easy to use and it works very well.
I wouldn't use it WITH your Yamaha, I would use it to REPLACE your Yamaha, but you can set it to unity gain and make it work with your existing amp if you want.

Overseas

Major Contributor
For the moment nothing will replace the Yamaha, it is a permanent-grin-producing-machine. Just researching until Wiim will launch a RC streamer.

Overseas

Major Contributor
Please help.
I have a very good opportunity for TDAI 1120, so I am asking this: As I am primarily interested in the RoomPerfect capability, how obsolete will this be in the next 10 years ? I mean, is it dependent of software updates, will support be discontinued when next gen devices will be launched etc ? Suppose I am going to use it only as a room correction processor, though it does not make sense financially.

I do use YPAO from Yamaha so if anyone tested both in the same space I would appreciate the opinion.

Steve356

Please help.
I have a very good opportunity for TDAI 1120, so I am asking this: As I am primarily interested in the RoomPerfect capability, how obsolete will this be in the next 10 years ? I mean, is it dependent of software updates, will support be discontinued when next gen devices will be launched etc ? Suppose I am going to use it only as a room correction processor, though it does not make sense financially.

I do use YPAO from Yamaha so if anyone tested both in the same space I would appreciate the opinion.

The only people that can answer this would be Lyngdorf, the manufacturer.

However, I've been using RP for nearly 5 years now and I can't recall a single update of the RP software. Of course, it may have been updated along with other things that Lyngdorf have added for free during that time, but I would have thought any update to RP would have been obvious as a new calibration would have been required and that has not been the case in my experience.

ronorn

Is there a difference between Lyngdorf RoomPerfect EQ ver McIntosh MEN220 Room Correction System ?
All my Audio kit ia McIntosh.
How can I decide what to buy ?
Thanks.

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is there a difference between Lyngdorf RoomPerfect EQ ver McIntosh MEN220 Room Correction System ?
All my Audio kit ia McIntosh.
How can I decide what to buy ?
Thanks.

McIntosh is using Lyngdorf RoomPerfect algorithm. Don't know if that's what you're asking. There might be other things McIntosh is doing along with it so there could be differences between the MEN220 and any Lyngdorf product.

Toni Mas

Does the measurement show two speakers playing unisono, it looks like that? If yes, the spl response shown is pretty typical (mic not in ablsolute center). It the Lyngdorf software does that only, I wouldn't give it a chance...

I have found it more "productive" to measure each driver separately. Optimal response curve is different then, because of no comb filtering (from two speakers). It is very informative to do several measurement by changing mic location. It would be informative to do several measurements by moving the speaker too. This way the user starts to learn what each wiggle in the response stands for, and could do specific adjustments to positioning and response eq. Some changes are easily smoothed by moving the speaker, others by moving the mic. Some changes are better left alone untouched.

We must remember that we perceive sound differently from a single microphone and FFT analysis. EQ softwares give different results because they use different masurements and weigh parameters differently.
Though comb filtering is an issue, i think It is better to measure at unísono, because It will give a more realistic approach of the response in the modal region (bass), using a kind of multi sub approach. Using a smoothest correction above to avoid correcting combing artifacts.
Btw if we have to eq problems in the response of the loudspeakers themselves, i dont think that a room correction system is the right tool, nor the measurements realized for room correction are the right ones.

Top Bottom