• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Review and Measurements of Class D Audio CDA-250C Amp

D

Deleted member 15871

Yeah, I can not reconcile the bad measurements, and how this thing actually performs (I have the SDS-400). After reading the review, I half expected this amp to blow my speakers, and set the house on fire. Tonight, my wife, who habitually rolls her eyes about my obsession with Audio, actually listened to it when she walked into the garage. Her comment: "Oh wow - that sounds good... how much did THAT cost?!". First time ever my wife said anything positive about any audio gear:)

I will buy another amp, probably the upgraded SDS-470C, and send that to Amir in the foreseeable future - hopefully he will find the time to measure it, AND listen to it.

View attachment 24849
WAF

I just ordered the newest SDS250C with the regular large power supply. I won't get it until September or October due to my location 13 hrs ahead of NYC.
Tom said this amp matches well with Magnepan SMGa's. If it doesn't, oh well, I'm stuck. Live and learn.

Where do you set the adjustable gain controllers, 9 O'clock? 12? 3? All the way?
Thanks,
Joe
Mine has no adjustable gain (they were left unsoldered by request of the previous owner). I honestly prefer amps without adjustable gain (although my speakers are not super efficient so for my setup it works well with my preamp). I am picking the amp should work fine with the gain turned all the way up.

D

Deleted member 15871

Mine has no adjustable gain (they were left unsoldered by request of the previous owner). I honestly prefer amps without adjustable gain (although my speakers are not super efficient so for my setup it works well with my preamp). I am picking the amp should work fine with the gain turned all the way up.
Thank you

Top Bottom