• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Revel M16 vs. CSS Audio 1TDX with Superior Upgrades; Speaker Recommendations

Which should I get?

• Revel M16

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • CSS Audio 1TDX with Superior Upgrades

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 21219

Haha, I didn't do well in physics. Thank you for being informative.

Do you know if Topping PA7 Plus pairs well with Sierra LX?

No, I don't. I'm an old curmudgeon, and I'm very biased. I would like to have all the power available that I think I need ... and then quadruple it. ;) :D Personally, I sort of like the PA7 Plus. The Power Cube display shows that the Plus can handle low impedances and reactances well.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

raindance

Major Contributor
No, I should be getting it this week, but I don't have a speaker to test it with.

I was reading https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...topping-e70-randomly-went-to-max-volume.42422.

It seems like Axiom II Passive Preamp with Caddock is what I would need to control the volume

But I don't know what to fill in the fields for Speaker Efficiency, Power Amp Input Impudence, and Power Amp Input sensitivity.
The input impedance of the Topping will probably be too low for a passive pre. If anyone finds out what it is, perhaps they can share.

OP
T

TITLEplayer

Oh, I was overthinking this. I forgot that the Topping PA7 Plus has its own volume knob too. No need to add one more thing to the chain.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Topping PA7 Plus has its own volume knob too

Topping PA7 Plus:
-With Topping PA7 Plus, you control the volume on the amplifier (by manually turning the knob, since there's no remote) or bypass it's volume control to use a dedicated pre-amplifier.

Topping E70 Velvet:
-Volume is fixed to 0dB in DAC mode and volume adjusting is invalid in this mode.
-Put the E70 in preamplifier mode and control the output volume from -99dB to 0dB by the knob or remote control.

OP
T

TITLEplayer

Topping PA7 Plus:
-With Topping PA7 Plus, you control the volume on the amplifier (by manually turning the knob, since there's no remote) or bypass it's volume control to use a dedicated pre-amplifier.

Topping E70 Velvet:
-Volume is fixed to 0dB in DAC mode and volume adjusting is invalid in this mode.
-Put the E70 in preamplifier mode and control the output volume from -99dB to 0dB by the knob or remote control.

Are there any benefits between DAC and Preamp mode besides volume control for E70 Velvet?

OP
T

TITLEplayer

Hey guys, so I got the Sierra LX speakers. I'm loving the bass, but it's quite "boomy". I miss the highs. They also provided me these "Q plugs" to adjust the frequency.

The maximum distance I can place my speakers far away from the wall is 13 inches. And I have to place them on top of my table. They're like three inches away from the table top.

The Q plugs or rather plug S and plug O, am I supposed to use them together to optimize the speakers for small rooms? Or I should be using two plug Os or two plug Ss?

Top Bottom