• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Revel M16 for $650 or F208 for $2250

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
What does bstock mean? And why are there 2 different prices on bstock F206s, $1349 vs $1010?
Amount in stock or popularity are surely involved.

B stock means different things to different companies and even the same company in different situations.

Could be BRAND NEW but 'B' stock is offering a 2nd sales channel for a lower price that is still profitable and yet won't pilfer much from the A stock revenue. Some people will never buy anything labeled B or anything opened retail box. Others will only buy if the deal seems huge, so B stock is their game. In this example it is litterally the exact same item as regular new.
Could be factory new but slightly blemished.
Could be a way to save on warranty as often B stock has reduced warranty.
Could be a closeout item that is being sold as B stock to get a certain type of buyer involved and stream another type of buyer to the non-closeout items.

If it is refurbished it must be labeled as refurbished.

If it is a customer return or opened box(like for a product shot or display) it must be labeled as such.

B-stock should not be Refurb or Opened box unless that point is made clear, but some sites misuse the term (Music Direct does not seem to misuse it)

I worked at place were sometimes we would open an item in order to sell it at an allowed reduced price and make the sale. That is more about salesmanship and manufacturer rules than B stock though.

JohnnyNG

Here's what MD shows for B-stock explanation. I spoke to them and they confirmed it's not a return, open box, etc. that they processed themselves. Direct from Revel.

B-stock.JPG

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
If I were in your shoes, I would go for the F208. Depending on room and placement, you may not need subs with them. (I listen to my F206s without subs all the time. In-room bass extension is 27Hz at F3. F208s will extend a few Hz lower.) Depending on your age, they may be the last speakers you ever need to buy. They are that good.

MoreWatts

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
If you buy the F208s and the M16s, you are just a center channel away from an excellent, music-first, 5.1 surround system, or with an M16 for center, you are there... ;)

Last edited:

TriangleIL

Is 4k usd a good price for a pair of used walnut f208s and matching c208? Trying to determine if I should buy used or go new/ Open box. Thanks!

Top Bottom