• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Arendal 1723s vs revel m106 for center channel

Rollie

Hello everyone, I’m trying to decide which speaker to get as a center speaker, and then whichever I end up getting, upgrade the rest of my speakers to that brand. I currently have Polk r200s as mains and kef surrounds. I can get a revel m106-105 or 205c through my jobs rewards program or I can get gifts cards and get an arendal 1723 s monitor. Has anyone compared the two? I’d probably be using the arendal horizontally until I have a dedicated home theater room and then use it vertically. They both measured great from the reviews I saw on here. What would y’all get?

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
1723 Monitor S THX:
CEA2034.jpg

SPL%20Horizontal%20Contour%20Normalized.jpg

SPL%20Vertical%20Contour%20Normalized.jpg

Revel M106:
CEA2034.jpg

SPL%20Horizontal%20Contour%20Normalized.jpg

SPL%20Vertical%20Contour%20Normalized.jpg

Im assuming you're going to place these upright, correct?
In which case, horizontal directivity would be good for multiple seats.

If you're going to lay them on their sides, then the vertical directivity and horizontal directivity graphs are flipped.
In which case, your sweet spot for multiple seats is much much smaller.

OP
R

Rollie

I can fit the revel but the arendal I would have to place it horizontal like a traditional center until I have a dedicated theater then I’d have space to place it vertically. Just don’t know which to go for as they are both praised high.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
If you're the only person sitting on-axis with the tweeter, then you're fine with either speaker orientation.

It's only when you have multiple people in your home theater, then the orientation of the speaker matters.

Both speaker looks good to me. So good choices.

Top Bottom