• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Speaker recommendations JBL 530 VS Revel M16

Dekaowner

Hello I’m looking for some speakers to compliment my new Oled TV I recently bought. I’m sitting about 3-5 feet away from my TV and I have stumbled across a pair of Revel M16 for $650 nearby and also found some JBL 530s for $280 these will be paired with a Yamaha A-S301 was really needing some assistance to help make the correct purchase, i’m hoping to use this for gaming and movies

middlemarch

Forum Donor
You'd probably be happy with both, but if you're looking for opinions, I'd go for the M16. But neither would be an incorrect purchase

OP
D

Dekaowner

You'd probably be happy with both, but if you're looking for opinions, I'd go for the M16. But neither would be an incorrect purchase
Thanks for the input i’m ultimately looking for opinions as I don’t want to make the wrong decision and feel like I wasted money on the M16s if the 530s were the same or better I haven’t really seen too much comparisons between the two online

OP
D

Dekaowner

I think the extra money for the M16 is well worth it, but the 530 is a fine speaker for the price.
Thank you i’m most likely going to be pulling the trigger on these hoping they’re worth the price!

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
IMG_8441.jpg
IMG_8442.jpg

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hard to know your preference but as was said the 530s are nice speakers....how much is the $370 worth to you and why not just go for larger speakers at this time?

Beave

Major Contributor
$280 is a bit on the high side for the JBL 530s, and $650 is also a bit on the high side for a used pair of the Revel M16s.

Keep in mind the JBLs were just cleared out and were on sale for $250/pair for much of the last two years. They show up on eBay a lot now and typically go for $180 to $250, plus shipping.

The Revels don't show up on eBay nearly as frequently, but when they do, they typically sell for $400-$600 plus shipping. The most recent pair sold for a surprisingly low $360 with something like $100 shipping.

So the prices you quoted aren't outrageous but are a bit on the high side of the ranges. Try to bargain a little on whichever you decide.

tw 2022

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thanks for the input i’m ultimately looking for opinions as I don’t want to make the wrong decision and feel like I wasted money on the M16s if the 530s were the same or better I haven’t really seen too much comparisons between the two online
i've got the 530's and have heard the f36 from the same series as the m16's.. they're both good, i actually think that if you aren't worried about having "the best" the 530's will serve well..the m16 is a slight upgrade and $650 is a fair price .. i'm of the opinion that diminishing returns hit hard above the level of the 530's and you really need to jump up to $2000 type speakers to hear a significant difference...

Top Bottom