• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Reisong A12

Winvieh

HiYa,
couple of days ago i've ordered me one from china-hifi-audio. On today i got an email that FedEx would deliver next week. Are there some others did something similar?
Anyhow, let's see what we get and what is to improve.
ThX for comments, Winvieh.

OP
Winvieh

Winvieh

HiYa,
i replaced the inter stage coupling condensor from orange MKT to Mundorf Supreme MKP,
and after some tube rolling, JJ's and Electro Harmonics, and combinations, i went back to the ones shipped,
Psvane EL34C and 12ax7 China. After a lot of studies, i found, what i'm looked for:
Svetlana EL34 winged - C and 12ax7AC from Tube Amp Doctor brings me the missed deep bass and punch.
A very good combination. I think i can glue the grill, no more changes.
Regards Winnie.

esiu

Hi Winnie, could you show us a picture of those coupling condensors that you replaced? Thanks, esiu

OP
Winvieh

Winvieh

Hi Winnie, could you show us a picture of those coupling condensors that you replaced? Thanks, esiu
m2.jpg

Thev Amp is closed, sorry. I only have the old caps for a photo.
The Mundorf Supreme is in Internet. The Black one
Regards Winnie.

esiu

Thanks so much for the pic & info for the Mundorf, Winnie.

I'm still in the middle of tube rolling & haven't decided which set I like the best yet!

OP
Winvieh

Winvieh

HiYa,
welcome and the Mundorfs are fantastic. In sound and room. Here they took me about 25 USD.

With tubes rolling will change the character, the input tubes, and punch for the power ones.

What happens with the rectifier?
Well, if you went in direction gz34 it will increase the internal supply voltage.Maybe it would be nessesary to change the electrolytic condensors from 400V to similar with 450V. Just keep an eye on it.

esiu

Thanks so much for the tips!

I read an A10 owner recommend 0.33uF / 630v Mundorf Mcap for coupling capacitors but unsure whether it’s Supreme or not & he didn’t mention the rectifier tube either. Anyway, it’s very nice of you to bring up the internal supply voltage regarding the cap upgrade if anyone wants to try GZ34.

I’m currently using a 1961 Brimar 5Z4G/CV1863 (GZ32) & very happy with its improvement in musicality, dynamic & sound stage presentation.

OP
Winvieh

Winvieh

HiYa,
i'm unsure if the GZ34 would be a good choice. The drop out is lower than shipped one, means the chemical kondensors get's maybe to much voltage!
If You change please measure it.
Regards Winnie.

Top Bottom