• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Rega Brio-R. A good choice?

OP
deniall83

deniall83

Thanks for the reply. Speakers are 89dB and 8 ohms (min 4.7). They suggest between 60-150 wpc so maybe this isn’t powerful enough.

Erik

1583884989500.png

The graph is from Stereoplay magazine.

OP
deniall83

deniall83

It wouldn't be ideal, but again, more info would help. Is this for a desktop application? For your living room as a main system? What exactly are the speakers?

Main system. Living room in apartment. Speakers haven’t been purchased but I’m probably going with Monitor Audio Silver 200.

OP
deniall83

deniall83

This is tough. Just to clarify, you are looking for an small integrated amplifier with built in digital and phono stages with a minimum of 60 watts of power for $1000, correct? And good aesthetics?

Generally, separates would be the way to go. Can't think of many integrated amps meeting these criteria that are not severely compromised. Maybe the PSAudio Sprout 100 and a small phono stage? https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-and-measurements-of-ps-audio-sprout100.7049/

I don't think you will ever be fully happy with it or the Rega and you will want to upgrade it sooner rather than later. Personally, I would wait for other recommendations or really think about which criteria you are most willing to live without: price, size, inputs, power.

Nothing is set in stone. I liked the small form factor and in built phono on the Brio-R but they aren't requirements. I don't really even need a phono as the Cambridge Duo is reasonably inexpensive. Mostly what I want is something that measures well with decent power and isn't too costly.

Top Bottom