• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Rega integrated amplifiers - good?

Corvuscorone

Partly yes
Some of the amps were clipping, maybe? That would explain what you perce

Some of the amps were clipping, maybe? That would explain what you perceived.
Partly yes. Most of the cheap class D amplifiers have a resistance-dependent frequency curve and are too low-powered to drive all speakers correctly. This problem does not exist in higher-power class AB amplifiers and class D Hypex ncore amplifiers. Good bass reproduction requires sufficient power when listening at high volumes.

Corvuscorone

Some of the amps were clipping, maybe? That would explain what you perceived.
...and the room acoustics have the greatest influence on the sound quality, especially in terms of bass. For the cheapest price, better sound reproduction can be obtained with adequate acoustics in the listening room.

DSJR

Major Contributor
Room-speaker interactions are the last thing that dealers seem to worry about, as the next 'box' up the range and upgrade ladder at higher price and profit will 'fix it' in their minds. been there and done that on both sides of the fence in my less 'clued-up' younger days.

mike70

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Room-speaker interactions are the last thing that dealers seem to worry about, as the next 'box' up the range and upgrade ladder at higher price and profit will 'fix it' in their minds. been there and done that on both sides of the fence in my less 'clued-up' younger days.

Dealers knows perfectly that sound also gets with the eyes :)
Not only by beautiful / heavy cases / VUs / whatever ... brand name helps.

Your brain do the rest, but I thought anyone here in ASR knows that well.

Top Bottom