• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommended speakers for Loxjie A30

Gryfny

Any recommendations for good (budget) speakers for Loxjie A30 amp?
I saw Polk s15 on sale in my area but would be a good choice ?
Amp is on the way to me, so I cannot borrow anything for testing yet.
Thanks for advice.
Edit:
Room area about 18m2, preferred type bookshelves etc.

Last edited:

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
It would help to specify the budget as people have wildly different definitions of a 'budget speaker', and what part of the world you're in as there are major regional price and availability variations. Having said that the S15 did quite well so probably not a bad choice at half price.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Welcome!
It is a bit of a weird question: usually people ask for an amp to match their speakers. Anyway, you should search for an efficient set of passive speakers. You need to give us a budget first.

OP
G

Gryfny

Right... So price in my country for s15 is as well 220$ for pair. I would say that more than 500$/pair is max that i can spend.

tvrgeek

Major Contributor
Have not looked at cheap speakers for years ( I DIY) but for total value, Warfdale was hard to beat. But gad, $93 open box from Amazon is really really cheap.

dogtagkz

The A130 with plans to upgrade to a sub be good?

Thanks.

dogtagkz

Hey guys, I have bought the A130 and currently running it with Nobsound NS-04G PRO, using mibox 4s as the source, and E1DA 9038D as Dac. Room size is 220 square feet (22X10). The ceiling is relatively high though. Listening is nearfield, around 6 to 8 feet away from the speaker, and mostly I listen at low and near-to-medium volume level (to my ears).

Will the Loxjie A30 be a sufficient upgrade or should I look into entry-level amps from NAD, Marantz, Yamaha, etc. I a quite new to this hobby, only theoretical understanding of the difference in amps class but unsure of its actual use case. Please help as this disposable income hobby is expensive in my country.

Thank you all!

BillG

Major Contributor
only theoretical understanding of the difference in amps class but unsure of its actual use case

The class is actually irrelevant unless your concerns include the electrical cost and heat generated by the unit. Regardless of class, if you look for an amp with low distortion, flat frequency response across the audio spectrum, and sufficient output power to handle the speaker load you'll be fine.

dogtagkz

The class is actually irrelevant unless your concerns include the electrical cost and heat generated by the unit. Regardless of class, if you look for an amp with low distortion, flat frequency response across the audio spectrum, and sufficient output power to handle the speaker load you'll be fine.

Thank you, sir. That gives clarity. A bit more, an example of sufficient output power to handle the speaker load is?

ctakim

Forum Donor
I'm running Sound Artist (pseudo) LS3/5a with a stated sensitivity of 83dB off a Loxjie A30. So these are not very efficient speakers. I cannot believe how small and cool the amp is since it replaced a spare 25 y/o Home Theater Pioneer THX receiver that I pulled out of the garage. I'm using these as desktop computer speakers so my near field listening does not require much power. I run these at a volume setting of 35 or so. The scale maxes out at 60 but anything that is 50+ seems to encounter distortion. This is not the amp to run these speakers in a larger room, but for this use, the Loxjie A30 is a perfect!! The Loxjie seems to be out of stock most fo the time but I was fortunate enough to find them temporarily in stock at the end of January.

Sdhengst

I'm running Sound Artist (pseudo) LS3/5a with a stated sensitivity of 83dB off a Loxjie A30. So these are not very efficient speakers. I cannot believe how small and cool the amp is since it replaced a spare 25 y/o Home Theater Pioneer THX receiver that I pulled out of the garage. I'm using these as desktop computer speakers so my near field listening does not require much power. I run these at a volume setting of 35 or so. The scale maxes out at 60 but anything that is 50+ seems to encounter distortion. This is not the amp to run these speakers in a larger room, but for this use, the Loxjie A30 is a perfect!! The Loxjie seems to be out of stock most fo the time but I was fortunate enough to find them temporarily in stock at the end of January.

Thanks for this post!

I'm thinking of connecting a Loxjie A30 to a set of Rogers LS3/5A with an impedance of 16 Ohm and sensitivity of 82 dB/W/m, could this cause problems for or damage to either the amplifier or the speakers?

ctakim

Forum Donor
The Sound Artist knock offs are 11 ohm speakers, so not mimicking the original 16 Ohm official BBC sanctioned LS3/5a versions. I don't have any experience with higher ohm speakers and the Loxjie A30, but they are doing great for these speakers which I have set up for near field desktop use. But I do a lot of music listening at my desktop. My volume levels are in the high 30's and low 40's with the scale topping out at 60.

Last edited:
Top Bottom