• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Random Technical Picture Upload Thread

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
This version is circa 2003/October:

200310_USRadioFrequencySpectrumAllocationChart01.jpg
This version is circa 2016/January:

201601_USRadioFrequencySpectrumWallChart.jpg

Most current version depository (pdf) is here: https://www.ntia.doc.gov/page/2011/united-states-frequency-allocation-chart
[...getting pawned off to the highest bidders!:mad:]

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The above was the end of 1980s.
Not to be confused with that decade's earlier offering:
202211_Qbert.jpg

Here (below), we have the latest must-have toy of 2022:
202211_Ibm433QubitOsprey01.jpg
<< 3-layer composition.
202211_Ibm433QubitOsprey02.jpg
<< Actual Q*bert bits (x433 cells).
meh?? Hardly!

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

deadwood83

It's a happy tappy 1982 Yamaha 650 inline four. It uh..... you learn about hand making gaskets fairly quickly after finding out all the offshore and non-JP gaskets are hot trash.
ETA: The photo was used to illustrate how carbs must be taken down to individual parts though, especially on old machines. No way to clean those emulsion tubes and surrounding tiny fluid circuitry without an ultrasonic.

Last edited:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I am guessing that these 2 BBC photos could've been considered "technical"...
202211_1940BBCBraodcastSwitchBoards.jpg

202211_BBC1940DDayBroadcast.jpg

...if we were still in the 1940s... :confused:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I've heard the phrase, "kick the bucket". The left-hand bucket in the lower photo appears to have served its purpose for quite a few people. :D Jim
I was inclined to think that the 'technical-ness' of the bottom photo was front and (lower) center ;) but back then, I bet no one called them "TT" yet.
To be fair; the 'technical-ness' of the top photo (apologies for lo-rez) lies with the those cans :facepalm: but back in 1940s.
[imo x2]

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I was looking at a couple old threads on what used to be computeraudiophile.com and is now audiophilestyle.com yesterday. The owner basically let technically oriented posters along with subjectivists build up his site, and then pushed any objective or technical posts into a quarantined area and went from some commercialization to heavy sell out mode all in on subjectivism because that is what his cultured advertisers wanted. The most active forum had a handful of posts that day. Most of the forums had a most recent post days ago and in some sub-forums weeks ago. The place is a shadow of activity compared to the days before the name change and sell out. I don't know how much traffic it gets, but forum posting is a fraction of its former days.

Contrast that to here, where if I check in after 12 hours there are multiple posts in 50+ threads. A couple orders of magnitude higher activity. Not to mention the overall much higher quality of discourse and information.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I was looking at a couple old threads on what used to be computeraudiophile.com and is now audiophilestyle.com yesterday. The owner basically let technically oriented posters along with subjectivists build up his site, and then pushed any objective or technical posts into a quarantined area and went from some commercialization to heavy sell out mode all in on subjectivism because that is what his cultured advertisers wanted. The most active forum had a handful of posts that day. Most of the forums had a most recent post days ago and in some sub-forums weeks ago. The place is a shadow of activity compared to the days before the name change and sell out. I don't know how much traffic it gets, but forum posting is a fraction of its former days.
Didn't know it had declined so much as of late. But it makes sense after reading comments from the owner that his competitor is youtube, etc. I used to be able to pull up data from last 6 months to find trends but similar web is now limiting it to 3 months. Here is that comparison:
1688493997188.png

It is very difficult to break through higher tiers of traffic so while they are not dead, they are not on a path to do much more either.

Top Bottom