• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Radial Engineering (Twin-ISO)

Veri

Master Contributor
Hey Guys. I was wondering if anyone here has some feedback on this brand? From what I gather, Radial acquired Jensen so their products should use high quality transformers. I can't read any negatives online either. I suppose one can't go wrong with this brand for this kind of product?

This is the inside of their popular line isolator product.:

C9x3iNy.png

zEzG2hU.png

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
They are well-regarded in the pro scene. Expensive though.

OP
Veri

Veri

Master Contributor
Last edited:

GeorgeBynum

If it's PRIMARILY a transformer, impedance on one side (1:1 windings which google confirms) inherently is mostly whatever is on the other side ... 200 ohm load presents 200 ohms to input TRANSFORMER terminals. etc, etc

OP
Veri

Veri

Master Contributor
If it's PRIMARILY a transformer, impedance on one side (1:1 windings which google confirms) inherently is mostly whatever is on the other side ... 200 ohm load presents 200 ohms to input TRANSFORMER terminals. etc, etc
That's what I thought, too =) thanks

OP
Veri

Veri

Master Contributor
I got one of these used for cheap. Using it XLR in XLR>RCA adapter out to get full balanced voltage into the single ended Topping L30 input. Impossible without a 1:1 transfo or similar buffer circuit like Neurochrome offers.

Works well. No hint of distortion. Ridiculous power on the L30 now, I can't say it's necessary whatsoever; but I can say that I've done it and it works ;)

Panelhead

Forum Donor
Those transformers look like outputs. The input transformers are cylindrical.
The Pro gear uses 600 ohms. Less noise pickup..

Top Bottom