• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Qudelix-5K Bluetooth DAC & Headphone Amp

staticV3

Master Contributor
@fgfgfg There are loads of additions and improvements with the ES9219 besides MQA support. Feel free to explore the data sheets below:

Attachments

• ES9219_Datasheet_v1_0_4-1923574.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 233
  • ES9218P-Datasheet-v1.8.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 168

fgfgfg

@fgfgfg There are loads of additions and improvements with the ES9219 besides MQA support. Feel free to explore the data sheets below:
I checked them almost side by side, the only things besides MQA that changed are 5-10mW consumption shrink (yay, 2-3% increase in battery life for 5k) and ability to use BCK instead of MCLK or XTAL to generate system clock, everything else is equal. You might prove I'm wrong if you want.

aromig

I checked them almost side by side, the only things besides MQA that changed are 5-10mW consumption shrink (yay, 2-3% increase in battery life for 5k) and ability to use BCK instead of MCLK or XTAL to generate system clock, everything else is equal. You might prove I'm wrong if you want.

One negative aspect of the ES9219 to consider is that it allows for only two digital filter options, while the previous ES9218 allowed for eight. The included filters are up to the individual manufacturer. If someone has a strong preference in regard to roll off filters (or, like me, enjoy switching to suit individual headphones), they may find that the ES9219's included options might not suit their tastes/needs. The ES9218 was much more flexible in this regard. Unfortunately, I do not have any information as to which two filters Qudelix decided to include. Perhaps an owner of the newer version can offer an answer.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
How do you set EQ in a Qudelix-5K from a iPhone ?

I don't think there is an iOS app (but I don't use iOS) so either android app or I think they launched a browser based settings thing. Whether that was Windows over USB or via Bluetooth I don't know.

Atanasi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
But would this mean that these 5K units would then get support for MQA?
Not automatically, the manufacturer has to enable it and probably pay for the license.

Garrincha

You seem to know a lot, I have an additional question. I want to use my iPhone as source (with the lightning to USB cable or streaming) together with my Topping Dx3Pro+ and headphones. Since the iPhone in itself does not offer EQ, can I use the Qudelix just to pass through using it´s EQ, or is there another clever possibility?

brandall10

You seem to know a lot, I have an additional question. I want to use my iPhone as source (with the lightning to USB cable or streaming) together with my Topping Dx3Pro+ and headphones. Since the iPhone in itself does not offer EQ, can I use the Qudelix just to pass through using it´s EQ, or is there another clever possibility?

That's exactly how I use it, even though it's not particularly a great source, just for the EQ.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
If the dx3 has analog inputs you could. Can't remember if it does

Phoney

That's exactly how I use it, even though it's not particularly a great source, just for the EQ.

Honestly with how popular parametric EQ is becoming, I'm really curious as to why so many brands rarely include it. I wanted Fiio M17, but it's a $1,800 DAP that doesn't include a reliable way to use PEQ.. All that functionality and you choose to exclude one of the highlty frequently used ones.. I can use EQ on my PC and plug the M17 into my pc, and use it as a desktop unit with EQ. But the portable part is half the point with it, and I allways want to use EQ. (Not necessarily related to the DX3 Pro, more about the portable units in specific)

Last edited:

staticV3

Master Contributor
The 5K has only analog outputs and the DX3Pro+ has only digital inputs, so daisy-chaining the two isn't possible.
If you don't mind jailbreaking your iPhone, then you could install eqe for systemwide PEQ.

Garrincha

The 5K has only analog outputs and the DX3Pro+ has only digital inputs, so daisy-chaining the two isn't possible.
If you don't mind jailbreaking your iPhone, then you could install eqe for systemwide PEQ.
Hm, not a big fan of jailbreaking. But what app or other means then could be applied to have systemwide PEQ?
Edit, the app ist called eqe? Is it good, has it all the database for headphones like Soundsource? That way I could save the money for the Qudelix, right?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Hm, not a big fan of jailbreaking. But what app or other means then could be applied to have systemwide PEQ?
There's no systemwide software EQ that works without jailbreak unfortunately. There are some hardware EQ solutions though, e.g.:
Fiio BTR5
miniDSP il-DSP
Luxury&Precision W2
Lotoo Paw S2
Creative SXFI Amp
Qudelix 5K
E1DA PowerDAC v2.1
RME ADI
Edit, the app ist called eqe?
Yes.
http://cydia.saurik.com/package/com.r333d.eqe/
https://eqe.fm/

Garrincha

There's no systemwide software EQ that works without jailbreak unfortunately. There are some hardware EQ solutions though, e.g.:
Fiio BTR5
miniDSP il-DSP
Luxury&Precision W2
Lotoo Paw S2
Creative SXFI Amp
Qudelix 5K
E1DA PowerDAC v2.1
RME ADI

Yes.
http://cydia.saurik.com/package/com.r333d.eqe/
https://eqe.fm/
Well, usually I listen to music with my headphones and IEMs using my Macbook, Soundsource and a dongle. That works great and is fine. Now I bought a Topping Dx3Pro+ for another part of my house where is a nice leather chair, but not much space for my MacBook and I just want to use my iPhone as source and the Dx3Pro+ as dac&amp, no extra dongle. But I still would like to have EQ. It seems that eqe with jailbreak is the best option, right?

Top Bottom