• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PS5 Audio to Sound bar

motorpig2342

OK, I'm attempting to hook up a PS5 to a sound bar. I cant believe Sony stripped the PS5 of any "advanced" audio options. I have a Epson Home Cinema 1080 3-chip 3LCD 1080p Projector mounted and hooked to my PS5 via HDMI cable. I've been running a Bluetooth 3.5 jack plugged into the projector and transmitting to my LG stereo. But the delay in audio is unbearable when watching movies. So I'm trying to get a better setup without the audio lag. Now I'm about to be attempting to get audio from my PS5 to a newly purchased sound bar that I have not received yet (LG S75Q 3.1.2ch Sound bar with Dolby Atmos DTS:X, High-Res Audio, Synergy TV, Meridian, HDMI eARC, 4K Pass Thru with Dolby Vision Black). My Projector is really limited on its audio and only has these outs: 2 HMDI outs / 1 3.5 Audio Out / RCA's / USB-A / USB-B / and a computer out. So I figured I'd pretty much bypass the projector when It comes to audio and run straight from the PS5 to the Sound Bar. The LGs750Q has a HDMI out and HDMI in (Arc types). Being that these are Arc type HDMI's am I going to be able to run my PS5's standard HDMI (out) to the sound bars HDMI arc (in) and then the sound bar HDMI (arc) out to the projector? Is this going to work? With all that being said I posted the photos of the backs of each unit below. Although the Projector itself really shouldn't matter since I'm running from the PS5 directly to the Sound bar.

Attachments

• projector.jpg
    projector.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 69
  • soundbar.jpg
    soundbar.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 112
  • ps5.jpg
    ps5.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

staticV3