• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PS Audio FR30 speakers

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
And they're expensive. :facepalm: It looks like the midrange and tweeter listening axis is pretty high.

Last edited:

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They look pretty cool
Lots of things look cool. Glad we're on AudioScienceReview where the only things we want to look cool are measurements. :p

DHT 845

Addicted to Fun and Learning
probaby Boglender Neo10 and Neo3 under grill, price is crazy, one could makr it for 1/10 price and with active DSP crossover

hege

Forum Donor
I really despise those thin and super deep speakers with small drivers. Don't people want manly speakers?

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Hm.

Where are the servo woofers they were talking about? Ah well.

I wonder about the drivers. Directivity and resonances are gonna be an issue.

I'm not saying that this is what we should expect, but this article by one of the designers ends with the BG Neo10 driver, which measures like this: https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/driveunits/bg_neo10/ @hardisj

Not for the first time, I wonder how much influence nostalgia has in traditional audio. BG made the drivers for the Genesis speakers McGowan loves.

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
I really despise those thin and super deep speakers with small drivers. Don't people want manly speakers?
A Manly Speaker!

f1f3fe150cfab79312e74b36cef241e4.jpg

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That whole "Des Moines" thing was almost too cringe to get past.

"like the white album"-?

Should have rounded the top as well.

"maybe we could get down to $2000-3000/pair". then claims pricing is purely cost+, haha.

Not a word about what it achieves in measurements other than "down to 30 Hz". What are the chances he releases useful specs?

Last edited:

dfuller

Major Contributor
The kh310 also go down to 30 Hz for a tenth of everything.
Not at any appreciable level. They're seriously SPL limited in the bottom end. For active speakers that can reach down that low and not fall apart at higher levels (i.e. you're not listening nearfield) without subs you're looking at paying probably twice that much for something like KH420s or Focal Trio11s.

Top Bottom