• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Proper Metal music (no pony tails or choral crap)

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Some Death's classics retrospective...

30 years ago :

20 years ago :

10 years ago :

Fuck, I'm getting old... :facepalm:

blackmetalboon

Merzuul - Gallipoli, haven’t played this for a while but it’s up next on tonight’s playlist;

mrbungle

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Nightbringer - Serpent Sun

Not new, but i had forgotten how good it was. Re-discovered it recently.

87BCE

I ran a search in this thread and it found no mention of Dead Congregation, which is frankly criminal! This death metal band from Athens released what are two of the very best death metal albums of the 2010's (IMHO, of course). They also happen to be one of the best-sounding metal bands I've ever seen live - just flawless. If you like Incantation and mid-era Morbid Angel (Domination, Formulas Fatal to the Flesh), this is the band for you.

EDIT : It just occurred to me they may have been posted in the past, but that if it was only a youtube link without text in the post, it would not show up in my search! Regardless, this is a decent live recording of an excellent song :)

Last edited:

Vacceo

Major Contributor
I ran a search in this thread and it found no mention of Dead Congregation, which is frankly criminal! This death metal band from Athens released what are two of the very best death metal albums of the 2010's (IMHO, of course). They also happen to be one of the best-sounding metal bands I've ever seen live - just flawless. If you like Incantation and mid-era Morbid Angel (Domination, Formulas Fatal to the Flesh), this is the band for you.

EDIT : It just occurred to me they may have been posted in the past, but that if it was only a youtube link without text in the post, it would not show up in my search! Regardless, this is a decent live recording of an excellent song :)

Pray for total death.

0000996901_10.jpg

They are one of my fave old school sound Death Metal bands. They remind me a lot of Kaamos (taking aside the ultra classics). Another band you may like with that sound is Funebrarum.

Merzuul - Gallipoli, haven’t played this for a while but it’s up next on tonight’s playlist;

With WWI themed music, you have the classic Those Once Loyal from Bolt Thrower or the quite popular nowadays Kanonenfieber. However, I think Minenwerfer gets the theme better:

Anton D

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Do the Idles count?

I love 'em, maybe more punk than metal.

Lines blur.

Saw them this past summer and they played the loudest set I have heard in years.

I went back row, outdoors, and it was still 100+ dB on my phone meter .I didn't even know that loud was even allowed any more.

Last edited:

Soria Moria

Do the Idle count?

I love 'em, maybe more punk than metal.

Lines blur.

Saw them this past summer and they played the loudest set I have heard in years.

I went back row, outdoors, and it was still 100+ dB on my phone meter .I didn't even know that loud was even allowed any more.
Definitely punk.

Anton D

Addicted to Fun and Learning
OK, then, I like Sunn O))) a great deal, that's gotta qualify.

I like Ghost and Mastadon, too, not wanting to go too far back into dinosaur country at my age! :(

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom