• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Powered Sub Best Pre Amp

Swishahouse

I have a Klipsch powered subwoofer I want to connect it to my TV, which pre-amp would give the subwoofer optimal performance?

raindance

Major Contributor
If your TV has a variable analog output that works at the same time as it's built in speakers, you won't even need a preamp.

If not, you'll never get the volume between the TV speakers and the sub synchronized, so would need the preamp to feed a separate amp/speaker system in addition to the sub.

OP
S

Swishahouse

If your TV has a variable analog output that works at the same time as it's built in speakers, you won't even need a preamp.

If not, you'll never get the volume between the TV speakers and the sub synchronized, so would need the preamp to feed a separate amp/speaker system in addition to the sub.
At the moment I have it running thru a mini 2.1 stereo amp which doesn't have a sub out so I'm using a line out converter and I'm definitely not getting the best performance out of the subwoofer this way

Top Bottom