• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
Part of my jungle, took over a neglected ditch about 27 years ago. Had up to 50 banana trees at one time plus palms and a few other exotics. We’ll exotic for Suffolk UK.
F9FEB001-3BAD-4D79-8CAC-E1E7AC4D2565.jpeg
F9FEB001-3BAD-4D79-8CAC-E1E7AC4D2565.jpeg

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
The British Isles are (is?) a fascinating place in terms of climate and geography/geology.
One of my favorite destinations is (are?) the Isles of Scilly, off the SW coast. Most of that little archipelago is nearly tropical, thanks to the Gulf Stream; reminds me of Bermuda. Up at the north end, though, things are -- rather different.

1640786860030.jpeg

1640786877022.jpeg

nobodynoz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I don't care how topless french beaches are. I made a promise to never be in the vicinity of Parisians again.
Thrice that I have been around them, I was abused as an American and further ridiculed/insulted for my (lack of proper) French accent!
But to be fair; I had some of them apologize for other rude Parisians.

All French beaches are topless... all of them. It doesn't mean all girls are topless. During the seventies and eighties 5 out of 10 were topless .
Parisians are making fun of us - not Parisians - living far away from Paris.... They sometimes call us "Péquenots" a pejorative, even crude expression to designate a man or a woman living in the countryside.... or an uneducated individual, not very smart.
Parisians are.... Parisians ! and they are persuaded that they are living in the most beautiful town in the world.

Last edited:

nobodynoz

" Cannes " by the Mediterranean Sea.... French riviera. Yesterday around noon. All restaurants with terraces are full... Temp : 18° C / 68.4 F --image : iPhone 6

unnamed (1).jpeg

Last edited:

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
So, I am not that far off.
I would have to say most Californians have a similar snooty attitude. Probably envied and hated by the rest of us (includes SoCal) US residents.
You notice that I am not going near the discussion of the diff sexes.
Hints: Texans=Down to Earth; NewYorkans=Don't mess w/them; Californians=You'll stare even w/tops ON but need maintenance/fill-ups often.
Can we please stop with the stereotypes. They are all bullsh*t by the way. (I've lived many years in both CA and TX, and -- for an American -- I've spent a fair bit of time in Paris; my experiences in no way align with what you've said.) Let's get this thread back on topic.

nobodynoz

The "Sagrada Familia" - Sacred Family - a church located in Barcelona - 2 hours and 30' by car from my house in France - is without a doubt the most incredible monument I've seen on Earth.

" On 19 March 1882, construction of the Sagrada Família began under architect Francisco de Paula del Villar.
In 1883, when Villar resigned, Gaudí took over as chief architect, transforming the project with his architectural and engineering style, combining Gothic and curvilinear Art Nouveau forms.
Gaudí devoted the remainder of his life to the project, and he is buried in the crypt. At the time of his death in 1926, less than a quarter of the project was complete. Construction works were completed in 2020 ! " WIKI
Gaudi was killed by a bus while he was crossing a street.

The entrance ticket is expensive : https://sagradafamiliaticket.org/sagrada-familia-prices/

Last edited:

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Someday I will visit Barcelona just because of Gaudí's architecture.

nobodynoz

The word “gaudy” was an English mispronunciation of his name. If visiting Barcelona you should also check out the park grottos he designed.

I don't know if there is a Park grottos - I just know the Park Guell designed by Gaudi.

Park Guell

Last edited:

Habu

I don't know if there is a Park grottos - maybe I just know the Park Guell designed by Gaudi.

Park Guell
Bonne Année nobodynoz !
There is a subterranean grotto in Gaudi's Parc Guell in Barcelona.

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
I don't know if there is a Park grottos - maybe I just know the Park Guell designed by Gaudi.

Park Guell
Many years since I was there remember a school next door to it. The grotto was like everything Gaudi did unmistakably his. From memory in Barcelona the area around the Cathedral is populated with Art Nouveau buildings which seem to accentuate the unique nature of his work.

Top Bottom