• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

DanielT

Major Contributor
Soon it will be winter again where I live. Picture taken last year. View of frozen sea.
vy över hav (1) (1).jpg

Katji

Major Contributor
Lion’s Mane mushroom, Hericium erinaceus, discovered along the Valley Trail in Acadia National Park, late September.
According to Wikipedia, it’s edible. I passed, but for those of you who trend towards more daring faire, Bon Appetite!
"Don't believe what you read on the internet." :)

Raindog123

Major Contributor
Lion’s Mane mushroom, Hericium erinaceus, discovered along the Valley Trail in Acadia National Park, late September.
According to Wikipedia, it’s edible. I passed, but for those of you who trend towards more daring faire, Bon Appetite!
"Don't believe what you read on the internet." :)

edible.jpg

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Early summer morning 1993(?) Yosemite Valley, California. There were fires burning somewhere in the park, making the air quite hazy - back when this seemed like an unusual occurrence. Scanned from Kodak Ektachrome slide, shot with Rolleiflex SL66 camera, 80/2.8 Zeiss Planar lens.
1993 California Yosemite-101.jpg

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
June 1985, Yellowstone National Park.
This was just one of many vistas which we passed on our tour bus, not an officially-designated scenic area at all. Something about arriving in early summer as the sun was setting just seemed magical.

198506 Yellowstone National Park-019.jpg

Bow_Wazoo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
My new player sounds very "relaxed" with the Lcd-i4

PSX_20211028_170536.jpg

nobodynoz

@Katji
I think that you live in South Africa ?
I've spent so many years in Africa... I'm white.

Last edited:

nobodynoz

Last edited:

Katji

Major Contributor
@Katji
I think that you live in South Africa ?
I've spent so many years in Africa... I'm white.
Yes, Durban.
I remember that you mentioned Reunion. ...I don't know whether it is Africa, somehow, but I did some google now and I see there is significant Tamil component, then I remembered - of course there is, it is also a place where they were brought for sugar cane labour.

nobodynoz

A large part of my family lives in "La Réunion" Island... the other part in Switzerland.
Yes, people from India and Madagascar were brought for sugar cane labour around 1770... their descendants are there today.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I've seen these buildings thousands of times over the years, but on this particular morning, I thought the soft, directional morning light made the scene "pop" in ways it normally doesn't.
View attachment 165464
It almost looks CGI. I too like taking pics in the morning and just before sunset. It makes the colors pop.

Dmitri

Forum Donor
I also find the low incident lighting of fall and the unusually clear weather we’re having has been giving everything an added acuity throughout the day. Stuff just stands out more...literally seen in a different light.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1637012544581.jpeg

I did't take it, but I like it

Top Bottom