• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Outlaw Audio 975 and 976 Review Request

As title says, I'd like to see you guys measure these products. They aren't designed with all the "bells & whistles" of the mainstream stuff so I am curious if they do a better job with the DACs.

THanks,
-B

rvsixer

Forum Donor
Well thanks, but it may take a while. Used 976's seem to be rarer than in stock toilet paper these days, and a new one isn't really in my pre-retirement market crash budget lol.

OP
M
Thread Starter #5
Well thanks, but it may take a while. Used 976's seem to be rarer than in stock toilet paper these days, and a new one isn't really in my pre-retirement market crash budget lol.
In my book, even having intent to help out like this goes a king way.

The world is going crazy right now.

My wife runs her little business from the garage and I run my little business out of my truck. So we are always socially isolated. However, its getting in the way of me doing certain things and will probably postpone me making some big deals with clients that will get in the way of atleast my income.

Time will tell.

Stay Healthy.

wje

Forum Donor
There's a used Outlaw 975 available on Craiglist about an hour away from me for $200. Apparently, just a small scratch on the glass and it's missing one of the optical input covers. I had given it some thought to get it and try it out, but with the IOTAVX SA3 eventually on its way to me along with the Emotiva PT-100, too, I decided to pass on it. Instead, this weekend, I picked up a B&K Reference 30 preamplifier that I'm utilizing for 2-channel duty until the Emotiva and IOTAVX SA3 arrives.

rvsixer

Forum Donor
Well sorry to say, I have completely given up on working with Outlaw to get a Model 976 sent to ASR for review.

I won't go into particulars, but suffice to say the entire exchange has left me not wanting to ever own an Outlaw Audio product. I am no longer searching for a used one, nor entertaining buying a new one (and invoking the 30-day return window if it did not measure well).

Best to all, and stay safe !!!!

OP
M
Thread Starter #8
Well sorry to say, I have completely given up on working with Outlaw to get a Model 976 sent to ASR for review.

I won't go into particulars, but suffice to say the entire exchange has left me not wanting to ever own an Outlaw Audio product. I am no longer searching for a used one, nor entertaining buying a new one (and invoking the 30-day return window if it did not measure well).

Dang man, sorry to hear that. I reached out to them directly about sending a reviee unit out as well about 2 weeks ago and never heard anything back.

rvsixer

Forum Donor
Interesting. They acted as if they had never heard of ASR before. Even after links to previously tested Outlaw product, the DUT submission page was provided, etc.

OP
M
Thread Starter #10
I just logged back into the support page and it says that I never got a response because "Your query did not match any records".

Whatever that means...

I sent in the request in the Pre-Sales Inquiry section.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

Thanks for trying anyway. It is always worth a shot just in case they do cooperate.

rvsixer

Forum Donor
In case anyone is wanting to buy a 976 to send in for review, Outlaw raised the price from $929 to $999 during the pandemic :p .

I had a 1070 receiver ..... it was pretty crappy. I ended up trading it for a go cart for my son. I tried a 2150, the Bass and Balance controls were crossed at the factory.... they kindly swapped it and the replacement had a volume problem. So I was done demo'ing that. I don't know who builds their current stuff made in China but QC is questionable.

Their ATI built stuff is good but the rest I'd pass on.

"In case anyone is wanting to buy a 976 to send in for review, Outlaw raised the price from $929 to $999 during the pandemic"

Real humanitarians over there.....