• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Notice Anything Wrong With These "Mint Condition" Speakers?

Beave

Major Contributor
Check out this listing on eBay for some "mint condition" B&W speakers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3259682064...RrC55wkH7vQhGTp/u07JaXag==|tkp:Bk9SR-jko-KgYw

Bowers & Wilkins 804D2 Cherry Speakers In Mint Condition w/Matching Cherry Bases - Picture 11 of 18

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

ChaZam

Yep. I have had a few pairs of the d series pass through my room and I can’t say I miss the high’s.

OP
B

Beave

Major Contributor
Oh my. I sent the seller a message to let him know that the tweeters are damaged, and he responded quite aggressively that I don't know what I'm talking about - but that he will remove the picture I showed above because it may be causing my confusion.

Now even the facepalm emoji isn't enough.

G|force

Forum Donor
I would tell him to leave the picture and change the description if he wants an honest auction.
Also I would add that 'mint' items aren't ever dusty from the factory. :rolleyes:

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
Maybe the karaoke microphones are not part of the offer?

OP
B

Beave

Major Contributor
He just responded again and acknowledged that he now sees there is a problem with the tweeter. He says he'll order a replacement part. I'm afraid he's in for a shock when he sees how much they cost.

Canuck57

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I would tell him to leave the picture and change the description if he wants an honest auction.
Also I would add that 'mint' items aren't ever dusty from the factory. :rolleyes:

It amazes me how sellers don't take the time to properly dust the item they are selling or the shelf an audio component is sitting on.

Anonamemouse

On a related note, I saw these listed on my local OfferUp page a couple of years ago. Listed as very good condition. I found the ad so funny I saved the picture.

View attachment 341841
Oh wow... That's the limited edition transparent Kevlar version!
You don't see that every day

OP
B

Beave

Major Contributor
The mids and highs are very transparent on one speaker, but only the highs are transparent on the other. Poor pair matching. :)

Short38

Original listing indicated 100% satisfaction with seller. I think ASR members are too picky.

Seriously if this listing has appeared on several sites (see Post #14) the seller needs to be avoided.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It amazes me how sellers don't take the time to properly dust the item they are selling or the shelf an audio component is sitting on.
A lot of flippers just don't care. About much of anything except getting paid. Caveat emptor.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
He just responded again and acknowledged that he now sees there is a problem with the tweeter. He says he'll order a replacement part. I'm afraid he's in for a shock when he sees how much they cost.
I suspect they didn't have as much "air" as whatever he is comparing them to.

Top Bottom