• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nord's new Value-Line Hypex NCore MP series

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Nord has released a new range of Hypex NCore MP series amps with great prices using more affordable cases.

"Our new Value-Line range of lower priced amplifiers. Built to compete with the budget box shifters offering a no frill amplifier with the same sonic performance of our standard range using the same modules. Incorporating lower priced cases and front switch with lasered front panel lower priced binding posts and RCA connectors. No aluminum feet and front badge."

NC252MP - 350 GPB = 428 USD
NC502MP - 520 GPB = 635 USD

Very nice, @boggit10!

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They have stripped them down to such the essentials and sharpened their pencils so much, they didn't even the funds left to take and post a photo of what they look like. :)

Nice to see manufactures offering no frills budget boxes. If we are honest with ourselves, there is no audible difference between these NC252MP basic amps and a Purifi or Benchmark, just chasing numbers. Unless you have a speaker that is particularly hard to drive, or very insensitive, these modules are really the best value going. By way of example, I had to send my NAD M22v2 in for service (auto turn on not working) and used my NC252MP in its place in my main system, with my Revels. Sounded the same to me and plenty of power.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I think it is the same Modushop Galaxy Maggiorato GX288 but with 3 mm front panel instead of the 10 mm front panel, along with "lower priced binding posts and RCA connectors. No aluminum feet and front badge".

GX288 3mm.jpg
GX288 10mm.jpg

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Those prices are competitive even in the USA since they have this policy.

"We pay all import fees taxes etc, just like buying from the USA

(We will refund any fees over £75 in Canada)

Applies to Nord Amplifiers only

Painless and Simple just like buying in the USA & Canada.

2 Day Express UPS delivery from point of shipping.

USA Repair Centre.

We pay courier costs if amp has to be returned to the UK for any reason with 2 day turn around for the first year.

USA Mains leads and voltage.

We answer support mails 7 days a week, till late UK time 95% of the time."

Zoomer

In EU the MP NC252 is still at least 20% more expensive than Audiophonics... As far as I can see that doesn't even include VAT and customs charges.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
In EU the MP NC252 is still at least 20% more expensive than Audiophonics... As far as I can see that doesn't even include VAT and customs charges.
The cheapest NC252MP in Audiophonics lineup is 415 euros = 448 USD without VAT, so more expensive than the Nord (428 USD).

And the cheapest NC502MP in Audiophonics lineup is 650 euros = 700 USD without VAT, so more expensive than the Nord (635 USD).

Also I don't think that the blue and brown AC wires crossing in the middle of the board is a good practice considering noise interference (60Hz hum), as seen on Audiophonics.

audiophonics-lpa-s500nc-amplificateur-stereo-class-d-ncore-2x500w-4-ohm.jpg

White the Nord has a better layout with the IEC inlet on the other side, and uses a shorter cable running outside the board.

Nord-One-Hypex-NC502MP-Stereo-blk-int.jpg

Last edited:

pma

Major Contributor
NC252MP OEM cost is currently 172.61 EUR, VAT excluded. Prices of completed products are fair.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

boggit10

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Matias's top picture is correct case. Cheers.
As to not having pictures we only decided today to make them today. We are good here and can move quickly. Unfortunately that does not stretch to photography of a product I don't have yet. Photos will follow in a week. Though I did a test front panel on our existing 10mm fronts.
PhotoRoom-20230321_211627.png
Incidentally we will continue to support product and customers who are out of warranty. It's not all about price.

Dimifoot

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
So no XLR’s?

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Matias's top picture is correct case. Cheers.
As to not having pictures we only decided today to make them today. We are good here and can move quickly. Unfortunately that does not stretch to photography of a product I don't have yet. Photos will follow in a week. Though I did a test front panel on our existing 10mm fronts. View attachment 273654Incidentally we will continue to support product and customers who are out of warranty. It's not all about price.
You need to remove "value line" from the front panel.

No-one wants to buy kit that advertises "I am cheap" to guests. :D

Replace it with "VL" if you like, then we can tell people it stands for "Very Loud" :p

boggit10

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Yes I realise this. However more important to me is to let people know and to protect the brand that this is a basic version to of what we produce, and we can offer nicer looking kit.

Last edited:

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Replace it with "VL" if you like, then we can tell people it stands for "Very Loud" :p
Funny, I have the opposite view. I have no problem with something saying value lime, or saying I saved money to get the same performance.

Sokel

Master Contributor

Problem is not when its saying "cheap" on label,problem is if it looks cheap and badly assembled.

Reactions: 617
OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Problem is not when its saying "cheap" on label,problem is if it looks cheap and badly assembled.
Which is not the "case" here, pun intended.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It would be nice to have a Speakon option, but I guess I'm in the minority on that one.
I would either want Speakons, or binding posts whose cap can be wrenched, and can accept a ring terminal by unscrewing the cap entirely. I think regular binding posts are silly at this performance level.

Top Bottom