• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nord's new Value-Line Hypex NCore MP series

boggit10

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Been a busy day working on our new DSP Amps as well as casework for Value-Line arriving, so a rough picture for now.
Pics live on website including rear panel first done is NC252MP
Thanks for all the input on the front panel really appreciate it. Now says Nord V-L NCXXXMP VALUE-LINE has been banished to the rear to save any blushes.

Attachments

• Nord Value-Line NCXXXMP front qtr 1.png
    Nord Value-Line NCXXXMP front qtr 1.png
    104.1 KB · Views: 379
  • Nord Value-Line NCXXXMP rear.png
    Nord Value-Line NCXXXMP rear.png
    457.9 KB · Views: 392

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
DSP Amps? I'll keep an eye on those too.

Is the rear panel going to get the misaligned labeling, asymmetry and odd step in the border outline sorted? And the 12V at the corner of the power connector? I know it's out of sight and doesn't change the performance, but a graphic designer friend would start twitching if he saw it.

The certificate still needs updating with subject alternative name for www.nordacoustics.co.uk or people will be seeing warnings about security risks.

And anyone using noscript will see disconcerting numbers speaking for themselves - 0+ Amplifiers Supplied, 100% Returns per Year, 0% Amps shipped in 2 weeks. Although we expect to see oddities like that.

Scrivs

Forum Donor
I’m no graphic designer, but I was also surprised to note the misalignment noted above, notwithstanding the weird border outline and let’s say “non-standard” labeling of the inputs, and binding posts.

Other than that, bravo for offering another choice to those who care less about aesthetics, and more on “performance.”

sonder

So no XLR’s?
I may be getting very lost, but would half the point of going for a hypex ncxxxmp power amp not be to get a solid fully balanced setup? rather pay that bit more and not have the RCAs.

boggit10

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Labeling is lined up if you notice the right binding post looks angled, its the perspective. 12V trigger will be moved across by 10mm.
At 5.30 last night I took some very quick photos as I promised several customers images by close of play.

XLR is an option

withoutsuit

Been a busy day working on our new DSP Amps
DSP Amps?

I´m currently looking for a three channel amp and comparing your NORD THREE 1ET400A3CH with Audiophonics HPA-T400ET. Your Amplifier seems to have three PSUs while Audiophonics only have one - but does your Amplifier also have the possibility of setting input gain? Maybe it´s worth to wait for your DSP Amps?

boggit10

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Switchable gain buffer are on the way around 1-2 weeks
DSP amps will be NCXXXMP based and aimed active speakers. Master and Slave units, 2CH each with and output for SUB or another amp. DAC. OLED display

Screenshot_20230331_131657.jpg

Last edited:

withoutsuit

Switchable gain buffer are on the way around 1-2 weeks
DSP amps will be NCXXXMP based and aimed active speakers. Master and Slave units, 2CH each with and output for SUB or another amp. DAC. OLED DISPLAY
With EQ and Delaysettings? So only Preouts for Actives oder Amplifiers or built-in Amplifiers and Preouts?

So If i wait 2 weeks, I could order with switchable gain buffer? Sounds good!

boggit10

Audio Company
Forum Donor
3 in total 2 powered
EQ yes Bi Quad filters Delay yes up to 20mS for X Over and room correction. Tony my Engineer will carry on should be needed or we start new thread.
Yes I sent off PCB Gerber this morning to be made.

boggit10

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Don't.Just don't.
Please find a display that will not burn after some time like OLEDs do.
They said that about Plasma TV's I still have my Pioneer 18 years later used every day, I really would like it to stop working. As long as one uses brightness control.

withoutsuit

3 in total 2 powered
EQ yes Bi Quad filters Delay yes up to 20mS for X Over and room correction. Tony my Engineer will carry on should be needed or we start new thread.
Yes I sent off PCB Gerber this morning to be made.
That sounds really interesting. I´m eager to know more.

Sokel

Master Contributor
They said that about Plasma TV's I still have my Pioneer 18 years later used every day, I really would like it to stop working. As long as one uses brightness control.
Let's hope then,but there are devices around (older DACs ) that are unreadable.
On the other hand some friends say that the new ones don't burn,so maybe you're right.

withoutsuit

A question to your XLR+RCA options: when Choosing this option, is there a Ground Lift for RCA or do I have do expect hum issues?

boggit10

Audio Company
Forum Donor
A question to your XLR+RCA options: when Choosing this option, is there a Ground Lift for RCA or do I have do expect hum issues?
No hum. Audio earth and safety earth are not connected.
Occasionally we get issues with cheap AV systems, the HDMI etc. causing ground hum.
This can be solved with IFI Ground loop breaker, but its very rare indeed.

Tone

Audio Company
That sounds really interesting. I´m eager to know more.
For those interested it is Hypex MP-DSP based.
If you go to Hypex website, look in products accessories section and select Hypex Filter Design.
The HFD manual pdf will tell you all about the DSP technical details.

Tony
Nord Acoustics

boggit10

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Better images will amend backplane around the trigger when we build more next week.
Looks great I kind of prefer it. Tony assures me it may be new baby syndrome!

Attachments

• 240 VALUE-LINE REAR.png
    240 VALUE-LINE REAR.png
    691.3 KB · Views: 267
  • 240 VALUE-LINE FRONT.png
    240 VALUE-LINE FRONT.png
    555.7 KB · Views: 263
  • Nord Value-Line front qtr.png
    Nord Value-Line front qtr.png
    136.3 KB · Views: 258

withoutsuit

Looks sweet - In fact, I in my opinion the backplane of the value line is even more attractive than the other ones

SiR

Better images will amend backplane around the trigger when we build more next week.
Looks great I kind of prefer it. Tony assures me it may be new baby syndrome!
Can we see these, sent to Amir for his review and optimistic about his good feedback @boggit10

Top Bottom