• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

No respect for electrons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonnyc55

You make sure they stay in line, but what about making sure the ride for them goes smoothly from socket to cone? I see no EE doing that, that would be signal goals that they look to the most?, and it's the electrons powering your little virtual singers.

I don't subscribe to anything. It's a wonder or it's a sad 'truth'.

I'll add, that these fancy cable tests, it would be interesting to see an entire system of fancy cables, cable risers etc. to see if things begin to manifest a signal change.

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Imagine your audio wire is all made of cooled superconductors with a near smooth electron ride. You know what? Still would have no audible difference in the performance of audio gear.

Bzzzzzt! Try again.

OP
J

Jonnyc55

Imagine your audio wire is all made of cooled superconductors with a near smooth electron ride. You know what? Still would have no audible difference in the performance of audio gear.

Bzzzzzt! Try again.
Of course.

DonR

Major Contributor
You make sure they stay in line, but what about making sure the ride for them goes smoothly from socket to cone? I see no EE doing that, that would be signal goals, and it's the electrons powering your little virtual singers.

And you have a full knowledge of what EE's are doing? Really, you need to take a step back and read up on the subject matter. How much circuit theory do you know?

OP
J

Jonnyc55

From socket to cone is your normal engineering care. Now if the whole thing has that special added care, it could add up, i'm yet to see that tested, it's always been 1 fancy cable or something.

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If what OP says really matters, wouldn't the people that design and build facilities like LIGO will be all over it? I am also guessing that those are the people that understand QM as well as anybody else.

OP
J

Jonnyc55

If what OP says really matters, wouldn't the people that design and build facilities like LIGO will be all over it? I am also guessing that those are the people that understand QM as well as anybody else.
Well, yeah, the entire system from socket to end mechanical part has that intricate touch, for it adds up.

I need to see a test where all cables are fancy, cable risers, the whole works to test this add up thing.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, yeah, the entire system from socket to end mechanical part has that intricate touch, for it adds up.

I need to see a test where all cables are fancy, cable risers, the whole works to test this add up thing.
You are just moving the goalposts. And even then what you imagine is not a problem. You are embarrassing yourself in regards to what you know about gear and don't realize it.

OP
J

Jonnyc55

You are just moving the goalposts. And even then what you imagine is not a problem. You are embarrassing yourself in regards to what you know about gear and don't realize it.
No, for what is weird, is how the universe came from nothing. I'm in good company.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Cables do not add up. They do not change the sound unless the cable has drastic mods to the cable and is changing the sound from it's original sound. Don't waste time and money on cables.

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
As I walk over this bridge... I detect the distinctive smell of a troll cutting bait coming from underneath.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
As I walk over this bridge... I detect the distinctive smell of a troll cutting bait coming from underneath.
Oh goodness...would someone do that on ASR? :facepalm:

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You make sure they stay in line, but what about making sure the ride for them goes smoothly from socket to cone? I see no EE doing that, that would be signal goals that they look to the most?,
That’s what we call resistance, capacitance and inductance, and these describe perfectly what a cable does at audio frequencies.
You seem to subscribe to a lot of misinformed, half baked and distorted versions of reality…
I'll add, that these fancy cable tests, it would be interesting to see an entire system of fancy cables, cable risers etc. to see if things begin to manifest a signal change.
Why? Doesn’t one meter of the stilly goods already make you guys drop your jaws to the floor in awe? Why would we need a whole system to prove a point?

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Can't tell if this is trolling or just mediocre silliness.
It started with articles about washing our cars to increase gas mileage. I had my suspicions then, and they have only grown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom