• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NHT Xd system and other digital active speaker systems

OP
D

Daverz

Major Contributor
After the original post, I decided to try some passive speakers again, the Buchardt S400. After 8 months with the Buchardts, fine as they are, I was feeling a bit restless, so put back the Xds. These have an immediacey, vibrancy, and color to the midrange that I miss with all my speakers and they float images in space better than any speakers I've heard (albeit a limited spectrum of them). I guess I'll use the Xds as long as the electronics still work. I don't think it's cost effective to try to replace all the electronics.

I wonder if I can EQ in the same "vibrancy" for other speakers. Looking at the Soundstage measurements, there's a slight shelf between 2kHz and 4kHz.

frequency_on1530.gif

D

Deleted member 4708

I have a 2.2 NHT XD system for the past 10 years. Spent 3k$ (NHT discounted them when they gave up on this system) and couldn't not ask for more. Since I am running 2 subs I installed the 135Hz crossover (compared to 110 Hz) to the subs. The only problem with this system is the number of cables you have to run. Everything else is perfect imo.
In many ways this was the end of my hifi OCD - I soon understood how many sub-par recordings are out there.

Top Bottom