• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

newbie (to asr) with annoying questions (and saying "hi")

totti1965

Those loudspeakers you mention above, while having very good drivers are by far not the world best compared with the agreed standards here as their directivity engineering is limited. Just an example look what happens at 30° off-axis at the Amton (not to talk about the vertical angles which are not shown in any of H&H or K+T designs):
lautsprechershop-amton-lautsprecherbausaetze-73577.jpg

Source: https://www.hifitest.de/test/lautsprecherbausaetze/lautsprechershop-amton-22437

By the way Amton is not engineered by the magazine Klang+Ton but the Lautsprechershop.
Hi,

Your link to the Binaural Comparison is more than awesome!!!

Cool stuff to really learning something!

Some comments from Floyd Toole about room curve targets, room EQ and more

Binaural blind comparison test of 4 loudspeakers I

Binaural blind comparison test of 4 loudspeakers II

I thougt I have overflew a large Review of the AmTon in Klang & Ton at the Papershop of our train station…… one Magazine (Hobby HiFi) is kind of enough for me. So I thought Klang & Ton developed the AmTon.

Here is the reason why I am in deep deep love with the HobbyHifi Audimax Reference Standard:

There is nearly no difference in the on -Axis and the 30 degree horizontal off Axis Plot! Perfect omnidirectional Sound Distribution shown by the MLSSA Plot.

I think more focus and smaller sound distribution on vertical Axis is very o.k. Less reflections from the ceiling!

If the green pattern from your AmTon plot is 30 degree it is also nearly perfection!

Otherwise: As I say - I would prefer the Hobby HiFi Audimax Reference Standard from Bernd Timmermanns.

Übrigens: Aus welcher Stadt kommst Du? Ich bin aus Bonn.

Attachments

• IMG_1802.jpeg
    IMG_1802.jpeg
    263.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1803.jpeg
    IMG_1803.jpeg
    418.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1804.jpeg
    IMG_1804.jpeg
    310.9 KB · Views: 39

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Here is the reason why I am in deep deep love with the HobbyHifi Audimax Reference Standard:

There is nearly no difference in the on -Axis and the 30 degree horizontal off Axis Plot!
Just a 30° measurement is not enought though and even this one shows some issues.

I think more focus and smaller sound distribution on vertical Axis is very o.k. Less reflections from the ceiling!
I agree that a narrower vertical radiation can be advantage in typical underdamped hifi rooms and too high listening listening distances but still the vertical directivity should be smooth which is usually not the case at such pseudo-D'appolito configurations.

If the green pattern from your AmTon plot is 30 degree it is also nearly perfection!
No, it is red one which shows some widening after 5 kHz.

About the rest you got a PM.

Top Bottom