• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Newbie audio-lover here!

OP
D
My advice is stick with second one alike and you need two of them one per each speaker.
But hold on, don't jump ahead of the wagon, fight figure out placement, then how to put cables best you can and calculate how long they need to be (always buy a little longer ones then what you calculated).
I am not buying now, just gathering all things together. Will re-confirm here before ordering all equipments.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
I don't know how those perform or work so I can't recommend you something like that. You could research and find on your own.
So far only thing I can and for a less money all do still with inflated price to expected one is a Chinese dongle alike (small as USB stick) DAC.
It will work fine on Windows with provided by them ASIO driver, it will work with your phones and Android box. Catch is with this one you will need a 4.4 mm to 2x TRS or XLR cable that can be split all the way down to 4.4 mm jack side (double cable, not Y spliter at the end).
That's the best I whose able to find, maybe someone else or you will be more lucky. They (Tempotec) are really good OEM if you ask me.
Have a nice time, I am off to watch the movie before going to bed.

OP
D
I don't know how those perform or work so I can't recommend you something like that. You could research and find on your own.
So far only thing I can and for a less money all do still with inflated price to expected one is a Chinese dongle alike (small as USB stick) DAC.
It will work fine on Windows with provided by them ASIO driver, it will work with your phones and Android box. Catch is with this one you will need a 4.4 mm to 2x TRS or XLR cable that can be split all the way down to 4.4 mm jack side (double cable, not Y spliter at the end).
That's the best I whose able to find, maybe someone else or you will be more lucky. They (Tempotec) are really good OEM if you ask me.
Have a nice time, I am off to watch the movie before going to bed.
Is there any Fosi audio or Aiyima Bluetooth Remote control DAC available for my powered speakers online? Preferably from amazon.in because i cannot order from their official site due to custom restriction at Indian side

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Is there any Fosi audio or Aiyima Bluetooth Remote control DAC available for my powered speakers online? Preferably from amazon.in because i cannot order from their official site due to custom restriction at Indian side
Yes there are and for a little more money but it's re import so don't expect either warranty or costumer protection.
Search future if you want something else. It's not Fosi or Aiyima that mostly only repack generic things. SMSL doesn't have bad track record or at least better than Topping regarding reliability.

benanders

No sorry...i mistakenly posted this..
I am thinking of edifier s3000 pro, i was getting a deal of edifier s3000 pro+ mi box with optical out....i was planning to get over with it (like phone-youtube music-sent to mi box 4 over google cast-played over edifier)

Hi there. For your kind of music in a modest-sized room, that Edifier model is a strong solution that even your wife can use from her phone and (with some luck) enjoy playing music, too.
Swan and HiVi seem to be of similar (powered) designs and may be worth consideration depending on what’s available / cost-effective in your area.
The other brands / models discussed here might measure better, but I’m not sure that’s paramount in your use case.

OP
D
Hi there. For your kind of music in a modest-sized room, that Edifier model is a strong solution that even your wife can use from her phone and (with some luck) enjoy playing music, too.
Swan and HiVi seem to be of similar (powered) designs and may be worth consideration depending on what’s available / cost-effective in your area.
The other brands / models discussed here might measure better, but I’m not sure that’s paramount in your use case.
Any particular model of Swan and HiVi that you are suggesting so that i can search in my location?

I am getting that (edifier s3000 pro with remote + mi box with remote + stands for s3000 pro ) at 40,000 INR which he bought from US in 2019, currently in very good condition . Photos attached

Attachments

• IMG-20240317-WA0028.jpg
    IMG-20240317-WA0028.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG-20240317-WA0026.jpg
    IMG-20240317-WA0026.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-20240317-WA0022.jpg
    IMG-20240317-WA0022.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-20240317-WA0027.jpg
    IMG-20240317-WA0027.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG-20240317-WA0023.jpg
    IMG-20240317-WA0023.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG-20240317-WA0025.jpg
    IMG-20240317-WA0025.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG-20240317-WA0021.jpg
    IMG-20240317-WA0021.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG-20240317-WA0024.jpg
    IMG-20240317-WA0024.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG-20240317-WA0020.jpg
    IMG-20240317-WA0020.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-20240317-WA0031.jpg
    IMG-20240317-WA0031.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 28
OP
D
Yes there are and for a little more money but it's re import so don't expect either warranty or costumer protection.
Search future if you want something else. It's not Fosi or Aiyima that mostly only repack generic things. SMSL doesn't have bad track record or at least better than Topping regarding reliability.
Looks like its a good deal

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Looks like its a good deal
Well it's 120~130 $/€ in US/EU but prices in India are what they are. Be aware that BT suport is basic SBC codec only (as much as I know).
Edit: be serious Edifier is a toy and nothing else, better then PC speakers but far from good or on the grade of deacent speakers. Their 2.1 and such come with 8" sub so I wouldn't compare that with 8" JBL studio monitors. As much as I hate Harman JBL is a good deal in India.

Last edited:

benanders

Any particular model of Swan and HiVi that you are suggesting so that i can search in my location?

I am getting that (edifier s3000 pro with remote + mi box with remote + stands for s3000 pro ) at 40,000 INR which he bought from US in 2019, currently in very good condition . Photos attached

I think the other suggestions may struggle to beat this one in what they deliver, given you’re at ~50% MSRP of the speakers, with all other items being “free” based on US prices (slightly cheaper in south China; I’ve no idea for India). Assuming the used speaker pair has not been abused in playback by previous owner.
The only drawback is no subwoofer-out option on powered Edifiers (same for many other powered speakers), but I really do not think it will be an issue for your preferred music, in government quarters.
Even the S1000’s can fill up a modest sized apartment, especially if walls are concrete not drywall.
No idea how this model measures, but IMO they do sound very good at your price point.

OP
D
Well it's 120~130 $/€ in US/EU but prices in India are what they are. Be aware that BT suport is basic SBC codec only (as much as I know).
Edit: be serious Edifier is a toy and nothing else, better then PC speakers but far from good or on the grade of deacent speakers. Their 2.1 and such come with 8" sub so I wouldn't compare that with 8" JBL studio monitors. As much as I hate Harman JBL is a good deal in India.
Now i have to finalise my speakers at first...then lets see how much budget i left for the DAC and cables. This SMSL M300SE costs around 15000INR including shipping from that site you mentioned....

OP
D
I think the other suggestions may struggle to beat this one in what they deliver, given you’re at ~50% MSRP of the speakers, with all other items being “free” based on US prices (slightly cheaper in south China; I’ve no idea for India). Assuming the used speaker pair has not been abused in playback by previous owner.
The only drawback is no subwoofer-out option on powered Edifiers (same for many other powered speakers), but I really do not think it will be an issue for your preferred music, in government quarters.
Even the S1000’s can fill up a modest sized apartment, especially if walls are concrete not drywall.
No idea how this model measures, but IMO they do sound very good at your price point.
But don't know why Edifiers models not suggested by any audiolovers, that's why i have been avoiding them till now. In india Edifiers and JBL models are widely available at a very promising rates.

OP
D
Indeed...All JBL PROFESSIONAL 300 series and POLK AUDIO ES SERIES widely available in india at a reasonable rate with 20-35% discount in sealed original packaging with company warranty included and free shipping.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Now i have to finalise my speakers at first...then lets see how much budget i left for the DAC and cables. This SMSL M300SE costs around 15000INR including shipping from that site you mentioned....
Well read about it and make your own conclusions.
People seam not to be thrilled with it's Windows drivers performance but you need to take that with a grain of salt and it's hard to take seriously people who insist on MQA and hypersonic sample rates. Relaxing latency by increasing buffer size usually helps.

Last edited:

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Indeed...All JBL PROFESSIONAL 300 series and POLK AUDIO ES SERIES widely available in india at a reasonable rate with 20-35% discount in sealed original packaging with company warranty included and free shipping.
Well those Polk models which had pore reception all do really not that bad are on discount pretty much everywhere. Those that did, went with hipe and objectively good performance (for example R200) are not and beaten from direct competitors (in this case Elac DBR62) that got healthy discounts. I guess that's just how things go. Still JBL 308P without obvious flowers and in line with direct competition for such price are real bargain.

OP
D
Well read about it and make your own conclusions.
People seam not to be thrilled with it's Windows drivers performance but you need to take that with a grain of salt and it's hard to take seriously people who insist on MQA and hypersonic sample rates. Relaxing latency by increasing buffer size usually helps.
Thread 'XDUOO XQ50 PRO 2 Bluetooth Receiver Review' https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...o-xq50-pro-2-bluetooth-receiver-review.50794/

Price - 6282.07 INR

Is this a good choice?

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Thread 'XDUOO XQ50 PRO 2 Bluetooth Receiver Review' https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...o-xq50-pro-2-bluetooth-receiver-review.50794/

Price - 6282.07 INR

Is this a good choice?
It's not balanced (single ended - unbalanced), no remote, not a USB DAC and bad performance for BT.

OP
D
It's not balanced (single ended - unbalanced), no remote, not a USB DAC and bad performance for BT.
I searched for a whole day now ..nothing seems to fit my budget..if anything fit my budget it is not available in india...
I have relatives residing in US...i am thinking that i will ship one through them..it will free of cost may be as a gift from them when they visit india(my hometown place)

benanders

I searched for a whole day now ..nothing seems to fit my budget..if anything fit my budget it is not available in india...
I have relatives residing in US...i am thinking that i will ship one through them..it will free of cost may be as a gift from them when they visit india(my hometown place)

There are surely options. “Pump the breaks” ;), read more, and disregard any opinionated posh remarks that disparage your consideration as a “toy.” Those kinds of comments don’t help anyone find their way more efficiently.
You have options, and they needn’t exclude anyone else in your home from the fun. Try to start your hifi hobby and end the “Cold War” you mentioned in one motion. I’ll circle back to this later.

benanders

Perhaps not the best option by one metric or another, but that comment is just pretentious. Given OP is still defining the use criteria, I will ask: have you ( @ZolaIII ) implemented this model of speaker in a room similar to OP’s?
Recall, there is more to doing a hifi setup methodologically than picking a favored biggest driver in a box, @ZolaIII . Am I missing something you intended to be clearer?

OP
D
There are surely options. “Pump the breaks” ;), read more, and disregard any opinionated posh remarks that disparage your consideration as a “toy.” Those kinds of comments don’t help anyone find their way more efficiently.
You have options, and they needn’t exclude anyone else in your home from the fun. Try to start your hifi hobby and end the “Cold War” you mentioned in one motion. I’ll circle back to this later.
Your comment really brings me joy... Thanks.
Actually my budget is not so expensive that's why i am searching a lot. If my budget allows expensive ones then there are many to consider...
One thing i want to ask that if i consider a powered speaker which got plug and play option (bluetooth+ other output) for initially then will my audio listening hampered or not in a gross scenario?

Top Bottom