• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New way of cooking fish...

Keith_W

Major Contributor
If you think about how that fish is cooked, only the bottom will be exposed to direct heat since the fish would be sliding about in that tube and never turn over. The top of the fish will cook by steaming. So I am guessing that it will taste like a half poached / half steamed fish which we already do in Chinese cooking.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
And those are some skills serving it at the table!

Except the video is totally fake. Lots of 'takes' in that video. Look at this:

6 second mark (about to pour the fish):
1672394792668.png

Pouring the fish, 7 second mark. Notice the completely different plate top right...

1672395074607.png

10 second mark:
1672394874827.png

12 second mark. Fish covered in white stuff and boiling oil/whatever. Notice the head and tail.

1672395172253.png

14 second mark. Fish facing other way. Different side dishes, especially the melon plate and the white stuff (noodle things) are all gone.

Maybe they all got up and moved to the opposite corner of the table. Why would you do that?

1672395288634.png

Last edited:

BlackTalon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The concept reminds me of the rotating, tilted cylinder the quickly produces dishes like they were done in a wok with someone manually flipping and stirring. Except the cylinder looks very effective, and this just looks like a gimmick. Doesn't look like it would be the easiest thing to clean, either.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Except the video is totally fake.
Normally i would come out with a snarky comment about Chinese nationals doing Chinese things, i would talk about 差不多 and 六四事件. I maybe even would mention that Tiktok traffic was banned a few days ago from US and some European government networks because the CCP used it for espionage.

But not today.

Today i remind you that Burger King ads are fake too and that i would totally gobble down that fish, just like a Whopper.
It's food! FOOD! :D

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom