• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New VU Meter Switcher Questionnaire Survey

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Hello all!

A few months ago, we launched the LC30 amplifier/speaker selector box, which received a lot of love and valuable feedback. We're sending a unit to Amir to test soon.

Now, we are preparing to expand this product line with a new version featuring RCA inputs. We are committed to meeting your audio needs and preferences, and your feedback is invaluable to us.

We kindly ask you to take a moment to complete this survey below. Your insights will help us ensure that our new product meets your expectations and preferences. We greatly appreciate your time and input!:)
https://forms.gle/yMat82DrBDnRr67JA

Thank you!

I really like the lc30 but found few issues on its calibration (https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...-audio-lc30-dual-vu-meters.49797/post-1937397), still using it though.
I will soon need 3 more so maybe I'll wait for the next one.
Don't want to bother with gmail so I'm posting my answers here:

1 A
2 A
3 C
4 B
5 A
6 ABDC
7 A
8 maybe

- A somewhat accurate meter on its entire range, not only peaks (+/-3db ok)
- A digital in/out version
- Possibility to do A/B/A+B
- Large range of brightness (at least lower than lc30)

Thanks for this Fosi Audio.

One should be able to complete that without having to give you an email address... seems more like email harvesting for marketing to me.

In relation to the VU meter proposed... could it use proper VU meters that are properly calibrated and actually have some use rather than just for show?

For example;

1716529546602.png

JSmith

RCA in/out with the ability to calibrate it or set max level works for me. RGB LED lighting with the ability to dim it would be nice. Or Fosi could go all out and make it not with an actual meter but with a screen and the ability to select multiple meter types or bar graphs. :)

@Fosi Audio is the goal just swinging meters or do they serve a purpose as measuring device ?
Peak (hold), RMS, average, dB/dBA or different weighing ?
Is there a calibrated setting and what is it calibrated to in that case ?
Only dB scale and is 0dB actually defined as something.

Most of the general public just wants nice looking swinging needles.
Most ASR members, most likely want a (calibrated) measuring device that is actually usable for something.

Looks like one can't have both (with just a dB scale)

Back
Top Bottom