• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Presonus Studio Monitors released

MachOne

Would love to see how these compare to the JBL and Kali competitors.

Also

dfuller

Major Contributor
  • Frequency Response: 35 Hz - 20 kHz
What a useful spec. :rolleyes:

Would have taken them 2 minutes to say "+/-3dB" or "-10dB" or what the eff ever.

IPunchCholla

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They are terrible with their specs. But in the resources sections of some (but not all) of the speakers they do give the frequency response. I recently picked up a pair of E66s And they do measure very well and the FR is in-line with the chart Presonus provides for that speaker. Given my experience with those monitors I did write them suggesting they send samples to Amir for testing as the value/dollar ratio seems very good.

escape2

Addicted to Fun and Learning
What a useful spec. :rolleyes:

Would have taken them 2 minutes to say "+/-3dB" or "-10dB" or what the eff ever.
If it truly was +/-3dB, they would be bragging about it.

No need to worry about specs. It's more important to include a food recipe in the speakers' owner manual:

1694645697708.png

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
Looks like the love child between Fluid's FX50/80 with a (probably) improved horizontal directivity due to the waveguide shape and their more expensive Sceptre series -- similarity to the latter also in the use of a second spider.

Well, I'm not in the market for new monitors, but this better be better then the Fluid considering the price differential.

Although, it's a hard sell even with its other competitor since the Kali is still cheaper... and, I expect Kali's coax design to measure smoother for the most part.

Ellebob

Forum Donor
I hope I am wrong but in my experience 2 way coax speakers usually come with tradeoffs and you are asking a lot from a coax driver to cover that much of the frequency range. I feel you can get better performance from a traditional 2 way speaker. Now when it comes to 3 way speakers with a coax for midrange and tweeter, that's a different story.

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
I hope I am wrong but in my experience 2 way coax speakers usually come with tradeoffs and you are asking a lot from a coax driver to cover that much of the frequency range. I feel you can get better performance from a traditional 2 way speaker. Now when it comes to 3 way speakers with a coax for midrange and tweeter, that's a different story.

All speakers have tradeoffs. Up to the user to decide what they want or is acceptable to them in terms of “performance”, but it’s not so easy when one is dealing with incomplete data.

Here, I see maybe some advantage in terms of size (not as tall as some two- and three ways) and built-in screw holes for additional mounting options.

I have the Fluid FX50 in my bedroom and am quite happy with it… esp. with its small size and good bass performance. Though, definitely not as “flat” as a JBL LSR 305 (which I also use for another purpose — surround duty).

YSC

Major Contributor
the looks and waveguide is promising, but before any spin data is available I will keep myself skeptical

Top Bottom