• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Neumann NDH30 coming

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Vitali

Interesting, they chose zero pinna gain for the headphone, following a tradicional descending slope of the MLP from speakers in a room.
I would like to see more measurements, including Waterfall.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
The rumors are the NDH30 is based on a (slightly modified in damping) HD560S (= HD400 Pro) driver below a very low res comparison on the same fixture.

NDH30 vs HD400Pro.gif
NDH30 vs HD650.gif

Below vs the very well known HD650

KehaDNb

The sample unit as oratory told me is faulty. The left/right response was out of Balance and were not meating the production Standards, so the measurement is out of tolerances to make a public conclusion . Hope u all can wait a Bit longer, we booth are interested un getting an second unit and oratory is contact with Neumanns technical support

:))))

staticV3

Master Contributor
I saw the measurement and I hope that both sides are broken

nyxnyxnyx

Addicted to Fun and Learning
neumann's headphones service is really underwhelming imo. me and many others contacted them for additional information and pad replacements and they really weren't helpful at all.
hope this ndh30 is their better attempt to revise their small chance of making a footprint in the headphones market.

KehaDNb

it takes time. Stay patient. Soon. We think next week we gonna sort it out

Reactions: 617

solderdude

Grand Contributor
If you compare to audeze I think in this particular range it will hit

Nah... the Audeze is much darker sounding. I would expect a HD560S with the overly bright part removed.

LCD2CL vs NDH30.gif

OP
T

tknx

Not a good look for Neumann to be sending out defective headphones. NDH30 is the one I was hoping to be an improved HD8## to pull the trigger on.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Yes but speaking of the bass response

a 200mW 38mm dynamic driver in an open system will be no match in bass response to a semi-open 5W+ 100mm planar driver I am afraid.
At least... not at a bit more impressive levels.
Besides... the Audeze has no slope between 100Hz and 1kHz where the NDH-30 seems to have a 4dB 'warmth' slope and less bass extension acc. to headphone check's comparative measurements.

nyxnyxnyx

Addicted to Fun and Learning
a 200mW 38mm dynamic driver in an open system will be no match in bass response to a semi-open 5W+ 100mm planar driver I am afraid.
At least... not at a bit more impressive levels.
Besides... the Audeze has no slope between 100Hz and 1kHz where the NDH-30 seems to have a 4dB 'warmth' slope and less bass extension acc. to headphone check's comparative measurements.
What is the strongest/most impressive type(s) of dynamic drivers have you seen?
IIRC the theory proposed is the more air the driver can push plus how accurate/in-tact the driver can move = more impressive and more "realism"?

solderdude

Grand Contributor
IIRC the theory proposed is the more air the driver can push plus how accurate/in-tact the driver can move = more impressive and more "realism"?

That does not explain IEM drivers. :)
There are good sounding 30mm dynamics and poor sounding 50mm drivers (and larger).
Maybe size doesn't matter ... that much .... ehmmm in the world of headphone drivers ... :facepalm:
NDH30 driver = 38mm

Top Bottom