• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Klipsch Jubilee speaker

Ciobi69

hello guys, i am going to my new house, meanwhile i place my klipsch in the corners, the problem is that the speakers are too far away, if i get the speaker closer i lose the bass response while i get better imaging, the room is 7.63m wide and 4.63m short, the main listening position will be 3.40 meters from the front wall, the good thing that i can do is getting closer them and use a subwoofer to fill the bass response, the room is almost empty and room treatment will getting care soon, with instrumental music in the corner they are crazy funny, a little bit less with the music with a voice, the dynamics are crazy.

Attachments

• IMG20230104174309.jpg
    IMG20230104174309.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 130

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Awesome, thanks for posting. I had a copy of the magazine I had saved since 86 but I looked every
where and can't find it

Dunno if it's better, but at the least, it's in color! ;)
Thanks again, seeing mhardy's copy reminded me that I sent my original copy along with my La Scala's to their new owners

hello guys, i am going to my new house, meanwhile i place my klipsch in the corners, the problem is that the speakers are too far away, if i get the speaker closer i lose the bass response while i get better imaging, the room is 7.63m wide and 4.63m short, the main listening position will be 3.40 meters from the front wall, the good thing that i can do is getting closer them and use a subwoofer to fill the bass response, the room is almost empty and room treatment will getting care soon, with instrumental music in the corner they are crazy funny, a little bit less with the music with a voice, the dynamics are crazy.
You might try stand mounting the top section with the treble and mid horns out in the room and keep the bass horns in the corner. Then using some type of DRC to time align the top and bottom sections.
That might offer the best of both worlds for K-Horns.

Ciobi69

Thanks again, seeing mhardy's copy reminded me that I sent my original copy along with my La Scala's to their new owners

You might try stand mounting the top section with the treble and mid horns out in the room and keep the bass horns in the corner. Then using some type of DRC to time align the top and bottom sections.
That might offer the best of both worlds for K-Horns.

never thinked about that, could be a super cool idea that could work, i even have dirac live to align it, the problem is that it would be very ugly ahaha, i might just bring them closer by 1. meter to the center and use the subwoofer for the low end 80hz and less

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
never thinked about that, could be a super cool idea that could work, i even have dirac live to align it, the problem is that it would be very ugly ahaha, i might just bring them closer by 1. meter to the center and use the subwoofer for the low end 80hz and less
Sounds like a good plan, A nice looking pair of walnut or cherry stands would make an attractive setup, maybe something custom made that's as wide as the top section so it flows vertically?
I kept my La Scala's about 5' off the rear wall and 8' apart, aimed at the MLP, fabulous imaging! With your room size looks like this might work out perfectly for you.
Awesome you already have Dirac, You can just use a couple milk crates or something for stands and a few runs of Dirac to see how it works out.
Everyone is used to seeing stand mounts with sub-woofers today, done right I see no reason for this to be very ugly.
Maybe the wife might not agree. LOL
This is an idea I had in the back of my head for many years as an upgrade, but I still never had the hard corners I needed for the K-Horn bass cabinets, nor was DRC as available as now. :(
Have fun!

Ciobi69

Sounds like a good plan, A nice looking pair of walnut or cherry stands would make an attractive setup, maybe something custom made that's as wide as the top section so it flows vertically?
I kept my La Scala's about 5' off the rear wall and 8' apart, aimed at the MLP, fabulous imaging! With your room size looks like this might work out perfectly for you.
Awesome you already have Dirac, You can just use a couple milk crates or something for stands and a few runs of Dirac to see how it works out.
Everyone is used to seeing stand mounts with sub-woofers today, done right I see no reason for this to be very ugly.
Maybe the wife might not agree. LOL
This is an idea I had in the back of my head for many years as an upgrade, but I still never had the hard corners I needed for the K-Horn bass cabinets, nor was DRC as available as now. :(
Have fun!
Thank you sal i might try your suggestions when I can, could be very funny even to try, i don't have really hard corner, only 1 the front wall is actually all filled with glass wool,but the bass is spectacular, might be the lower ceiling too, i will come back later with some results, might need me quite time

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Richard Heyser review is outstanding. A true genius who understood audio in a way I'm not sure anyone does today.
I treasured Audio magazine and mourned when it was shut down. The technical expertise and writing of the reviewers has been unequaled in any periodical since.

This absence is why, in my opinion, people have flocked to @amirm and ASR; there is just nothing like it anymore.

Travis

You need to run a La Scala in the center using the three-way speaker box that PWK invented for wide rooms like that. You will have sound beyond belief. I will find the Dope From Hope where he discussed this. In your room it will be smashing. What year are those Khorns? Can you attach a photo of the labels, drivers and the crossovers? Might be able to help you there too.

Travis

The Richard Heyser review is outstanding. A true genius who understood audio in a way I'm not sure anyone does today.
Richard C. Heyser: “Perhaps more than any other discipline, audio engineering involves not only purely objective characterization but also subjective interpretations. It is the listening experience, that personal and most private sensation, which is the intended result of our labors in audio engineering. No technical measurement, however glorified with mathematics, can escape that fact.”

Travis

Here you go, Paul W. Klipsch articles on the "Bridged Center Channel" and a "bonus" article for a laugh where he gives a dig on Carver.

Attachments

• DOPE_from_HOPE Bridge Center and LSH.pdf
    216.3 KB · Views: 109

Travis

Good question but how does one measure the horizontal directvity accurately of a horn that is placed in the corners and uses the walls to lengthen the horn? You would actually have to rotate the room! And placing it any other way, beats the purpose of the design. Vertically it could be measured though.
"You would actually have to rotate the room!" Not if you have an anechoic chamber with a rotating door with a "corner" (1/8th space) testing module

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Richard C. Heyser: “Perhaps more than any other discipline, audio engineering involves not only purely objective characterization but also subjective interpretations. It is the listening experience, that personal and most private sensation, which is the intended result of our labors in audio engineering. No technical measurement, however glorified with mathematics, can escape that fact.”
Very true words ,,, when they were spoken
Richard worked at the forefront of audio design starting in the days when triode tubes were king and engineers were still trying to figure out why they didn't sound right and how to improve on audio designs.
Thankfully those days are well behind us and the "mysteries" of audio engineering are long behind us.
Thank You Richard C Heyser for everything you did, in my youth you were God-like. ;)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Here you go, Paul W. Klipsch articles on the "Bridged Center Channel" and a "bonus" article for a laugh where he gives a dig on Carver.
Kool, I'll save that in my archives.
I used to have a whole collection of original Dope From Hope's which I passed on to my La Scala purchaser. :(

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Most if not all of the Dope(s) from Hope are available on line. They're a hoot, no doubt.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor

Mr. Widget

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You misinterpret me. ;)

I'm just not sure what the collective for Dope from Hope is. It's like brother(s)-in-law, or lieutenant(s) general or The New York Times(es)... you know.

View attachment 260745

In the interest of equal time, though, I'll also mention the Electrovoice "PA Bible".
https://electrovoice.com/media/downloads/ev_pabible-01-1979.pdf
(there are multiple 'volumes')
Thanks for the link... I have a couple of these from back in the 70s and have seen a few others, but it was a blast reading through them just now.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
You misinterpret me. ;)
OK, Apologies then. LOL
I was lucky enough to have purchased my speakers in 1979 so actually got a few editions mailed
to me personally.
Maybe more appropriately called, Hope For A Dope. ;)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
While not the new Jubilee's...
OMG..
I just googled "kick ass system" and that picture was there too. LOL
Thanks Mitch!

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Killer sub to boot!
And for quieter times I see he has a Grundig Majestic in the room also.
It was always my father's fantasy to own one, but nothing my family could ever afford. :(

Top Bottom