• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Klipsch Jubilee speaker

Trdat

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Now, this is my type of speaker! I just feel my current 130 litre cabinet horn speakers that reach 120db for my matchbox 40 square metre apartment doesn't suffice for my peculiar needs.

Vict0r

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Those are for Home Theater without the "Home". :D Jim
The "Home" is probably because they're the size of an average New York apartment. :p

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Questions:

Is there a projected price? Will they come in at under 40K the pair?

I'd be interested knowing how the DSP crossover integrates what appears to be a non-horn bass module (from the clip they said it was some kind of 'horn reinforced' bass-reflex...).

Evidently, like La Scala, it doesn't require a corner? But is 'flat' to 18Hz? Hmmm... Low bass has always been somewhat 'different' with horns, and in any case you want the bass to match the 'attack' of the mid and high horn(s), as much as possible. The big Klipsch horns (K and La Scala) roll off naturally, down under; therefore you generally don't get any unnatural bass 'boom'. But you don't get the 'Deathstar Exploding' kick in the gut, either.

DSP? Does it come with microphone and software that 'measures' and adapts to room acoustics?

Finally, is this a 'poor man's' Everest?

everest.jpg

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Is there a projected price? Will they come in at under 40K the pair?
No listing of them @ the Klipsch website yet. I don't think they released the price yet.

kevinh

They are showing the speaker at dealers. I live in NH and the local Klipsch Heritage dealer is have a Klipsch demonstrating these tonight. Unfortunately I cannot make it.

Jim Matthews

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Now, this is my type of speaker! I just feel my current 130 litre cabinet horn speakers that reach 120db for my matchbox 40 square metre apartment doesn't suffice for my peculiar needs.
The lower cab folds out to a Murphy bed.
For a slight additional charge, a refrigerator may also be fitted.

Travis

I'd be interested knowing how the DSP crossover integrates what appears to be a non-horn bass module (from the clip they said it was some kind of 'horn reinforced' bass-reflex...).

Evidently, like La Scala, it doesn't require a corner? But is 'flat' to 18Hz? Hmmm... Low bass has always been somewhat 'different' with horns, and in any case you want the bass to match the 'attack' of the mid and high horn(s), as much as possible. The big Klipsch horns (K and La Scala) roll off naturally, down under; therefore you generally don't get any unnatural bass 'boom'. But you don't get the 'Deathstar Exploding' kick in the gut, either.
It's a horn-loaded bass bin. It's also a speaker designed for 1/8th space, no matter where the marketing guys put it.

Travis

No listing of them @ the Klipsch website yet. I don't think they released the price yet.
$35,000 a pair for the regular edition. The 75th Anniversary Edition will be more for Teak/Lambswool.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It's a horn-loaded bass bin. It's also a speaker designed for 1/8th space, no matter where the marketing guys put it.
That horn might work up to 50 Hz if lucky. The reflex must add a lot of extension (and power handling), but 18 Hz is still a long stretch even in 1/8th space. Quite a bit of DSP would be needed to that that anywhere near flat. I did some sims a while ago for a BR version of the much smaller La Scala to see how much extension one can get. While significant, it's not that much. The jubilee is a massive speaker though, so it's not too much of a stretch to think they pulled it off.

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hmm, if the specs are true in CAM ad, it still needs a sub ... or two ... or three ... or ...??? as it only goes down to 45hz

Travis

That's not them, that's what many were calling the Jubilee from 2006 to 2020 when they were discontinued. It's a KPT KHJ-LF bass bin with a 402 horn/K691 combo.

If you look at the photo of those speakers for sale on CAM, it's a completely different speaker. Those specs are for the Underground Jubilee, not the new one just released.

Attachments

• Underground Jubilee Walnut.jpg
    Underground Jubilee Walnut.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 1,407

Travis

Hmm, if the specs are true in CAM ad, it still needs a sub ... or two ... or three ... or ...??? as it only goes down to 45hz
Yes, those specs are for the previous Undergrond Jubilee, not the new version. The new one is 18 to 20

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
More than most any other speakers I call these a physical speaker.
They can induce 2 reactions.
An orgasm from the realism of reproduction.
A Bowel Movement listening to 18hz at 125db :eek:
If Only ---------------------------

Horn bass + DSP, a marriage made in heaven.

Top Bottom