• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

klipsch R-40 m

musica

klipsch R-40 m are small in size, can they be heard from one metre away or can they be annoying with the high frequency range?

Teeter

You should be just fine listening at a 3 meter distance. Point the speakers straight out into the room or perhaps a little outward into the room. Experiment. Perhaps, you have already purchased the R-40M's. They are meant for near distant listening.

OP
M

musica

You should be just fine listening at a 3 meter distance. Point the speakers straight out into the room or perhaps a little outward into the room. Experiment. Perhaps, you have already purchased the R-40M's. They are meant for near distant listening.
yes, already purchased, I listen to them in the field less than a metre away, they are facing inwards.
Aren't they OK like this?

Teeter

Try pointing them straight out in to the room. It might produce more equalization and somewhat reduce any tweeter harshness to the ears, for prolong listening.

My R-51M[5"] speakers are used as my mains in my small room. They are 2 meters from listening distance and 1-1/2 meters apart in the front. I just find that separation, balancing, and over all sound is better to my ears. My speakers are for DD movie sound effects and work good for MP3 music too.

I don't know what your set-up is, but Klipsch has a unique sound and either you like it or you don't. Our speakers are not neutral type, but rather dynamic sounding with horns.

OP
M

musica

If I position them outwards, I lose a lot in the high mids, so I lose the clarity of the sound.
I only use them to listen mainly from spotify and youtube .
What genres of music do they reproduce best?

Teeter

I am not into music listening. Only movies. As budget type speakers, they should sound okay for music.

Last edited:
Top Bottom