• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Kef in wall speakers

Sammy135

A couple months ago, there were pictures teased of the black ls60 and we all thought it was a brand new speaker. Kef bamboozled us.

Yesterday, ever so quietly they launched a new version of their R- series in wall, 3160 (R7 equivalent?) and 5160 (R11 equivalent?) with META. In Canada, the 3160 also looks to be cheaper than the US model and also outgoing model.

I was waiting for an update on the Q series 4100, but that wasn't updated :( What do you guys think?

nick-v

This is great!! I'm excited to start installing some of these for clients.

Quite certain they'll be objectively the very best that's available in their price range.

juliangst

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Nice to see that this lineup finally got the Meta treatment.
Specs look really similar to Reference in walls which are 4 times the price of the R series in-walls

Vacceo

Major Contributor
It's curious how these are THX rated while their box cousins are not.

I guess KEF wanted to save the certification, but the rating could still be up to specs.

nick-v

Btw, Erin reviewed the 3160’s non-meta:

Which look excellent already.
The 3160s are many generations old, released in 2014. They were based on the previous R Series (R100, R300, R500, R700, R900)

The new updated meta models should be quite a bit better.

Top Bottom