• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Neumann KH-150 + kh 750 sub How to play music from iphone and volume control?

nikolasv

Hello all,

I want to set up a bedroom system that I relax to at night or even fall asleep to.... I do not have the Neumanns yet but I want to fully understand what I need and what other components I may need.

I currently have 2 bookshelf speakers on stands on each side of the bed footing(unfortunatelly maybe? close up to the bed) there is about a meter corridor and then closet.
In my current setup I send from a denon AVRX3800H as Zone 2 to the speakers the signal. The convinience of starting from my phone the denons Zone2 only...and then playing the file on my phone and on to the speakers is something I would like to keep. Also I then have volume control right from the phone.

I do not want to use a PC because of the extra fan noise in the bedroom.

How will I achieve this using the normal KH-150 (not the AES version). I will use their microphone to room correct the speakers.
I saw the app that exists does not to my knowledge support the kh-150 and has not beed updated for years.
I have a hunch that the KH-150 ii release is eminent.... but that my guess no solid info. it probably will simplify all this for a price ofcourse.

Can anyone be kind enought to walk me through this?

Thanks in advance.

unpluggged

How will I achieve this using the normal KH-150 (not the AES version). I will use their microphone to room correct the speakers.
I'd get a streamer (like the Wiim) and connect it digitally.

I saw the app that exists does not to my knowledge support the kh-150 and has not beed updated for years.
MA 1 was only released a couple of years ago, the KH 150 was released last year (so it can't be "for years") and it is very much being updated very regularly. Here is the user manual: https://ma1.neumann.com/manual

I have a hunch that the KH-150 ii release is eminent....
No way.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Hello all,

I have a hunch that the KH-150 ii release is eminent.... but that my guess no solid info. it probably will simplify all this for a price ofcourse.

Can anyone be kind enought to walk me through this?

Thanks in advance.
KH150 is a year old or so
So Hell no

Ellebob

Forum Donor
The X3800 has zone2 pre out. Use two RCA to XLR cables to connect to the KH150. Then you can still use the Denon as you had. If you are trying to eliminate the Denon then get a Wiim Pro Plus with the same cable mentioned.

Their MA1 is for EQ but not needed once set up

OP
N

nikolasv

I appreciate your input everyone... and forgive me :)

I was about to purchase the wiim but then @Ellebob mentioned the rca to xlr method using my denon.... I am still a little confused on the proper way to wire and what cables to purchase....

If I understand it correctly I will want to first feed the subwoofer then with a single wire each speaker.

Is there a way to keep it in the digital domain with what i have (Denox AVRX3800H and the KH-150 and KH750) or only with the wiim or equivalent i'll have that option?

if I was to use the Denon I would have to go a dual (left and right) RCA to XLR cable IN to the sub and then a single XLR to each XLR IN at the speaker.

where is the digital analog conversion happening? is it first at the denon then again at each speaker? in the analog method....

and if I was to use a wiim it would stay digital all the way?

any perceivable difference? just want to get it right from the get go :) and order the correct cables and lengths.

Thanks again.

PS: as far as my hunch of the kh150 being replaced it had to do with the combo deals I see. At a later time I saw that this combo deal is advertised on the official site also!
Neumann KH-150 bundle deal with free MA-1

the above store seems to be shipping free of charge to europe so it may interest some.

Attachments

• kh150 back2.jpg
    kh150 back2.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 55
  • kh150 back1.jpg
    kh150 back1.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 57
  • kh750 backplate.jpg
    kh750 backplate.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 72

Ellebob

Forum Donor
If you use the Wiim you could keep everything in the digital domain to the sub and speakers but may need optical to aes/ebu interface. To use the Denon it would be analog.

Top Bottom