• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need recommendations for 2 channel integrated Stereo

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Those are 100 W @ 8 Ohm's program so you need 200 W @ 8 Ohm's amp which can peak up to duble that much (meaning 200 W AB or 300 W G-H).

Last edited:

Koeitje

Major Contributor
F

freemansteve

The thing is, it pretty much does everything, so if you wanted online or NAS, etc in future, you can still do it without faffing about.

They are about to bring out a matching CD transport that plugs into a dedicated port on the back of the Evo, which I might get, as for some odd reason, I kept all my CD's.

I'm also thinking about 1TB SSD in a USB case, which will hold most of my music, and just plug into the EVO and play. It saves me having to power up my NAS (with built-in DLNA server), which does use a fair bit of energy. Which reminds me of another Evo design shortcoming, which is that it cannot access network file systems (samba), so a NAS without DLNA, will not work. Dumb, since Linux usually includes Samba/CIFS capability!

Having said that, for the money, nothing similar is much better, or much worse, sound wise - it's just about taste rather than any technical nonsense, and the overall feel of it as "a box".

DanielT

Major Contributor
102dB @ 2.83V / 1m is the sensitivity of your speakers. I think a good headphone amp will be able to drive it.... I am kidding, but the point is that you don't need a powerfull amplifier. In fact, high power high gain amp might introduce audible hiss from your tweeters.
Get something that has features you need and looks that match your room and speakers. Tubes, if you like...
Normal listening volume in a normal-sized living room.

Compression drives 108 dB sensitivity, tube amp 6.7 W. Neither the driver nor the tube amp has to make an effort.:)

I also refer to similar threads, which address the same thing (more or less) in that thread. :)

OP
mata7

mata7

i’m considering the Rotel RA-1572 MKII , anyone have any opinion about it

OP
mata7

mata7

thas is no a problem, i will hock up a tv and use toslink, then i can use htpc, or any device i prefer

Matthewhoult

Hello

I am building a 14 x 16 music room in my basement and am looking for a 2 channel stereo amplifier in the range of $3k- $3500 to go with my new Klipsch Cornwallls 4

If it matters I have also a sub SVS PB16 Ultra

I really appreciate any recommendations If any more details are needed please let me know

Thanks in advance.

forgot to mention I'm in Canada
You could try the EX-M1+ integrated amplifier from Kinky Studios this is a high end versatile amp and falls well within your budget $2898

Voo

i have a rotel 1592 1st gen and it has a warmer/thicker/richer sound than say a marantz avr. sounds great imo. very musical imo.

OP
mata7

mata7

thanks voo i think i’m leading to the rotel

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
thanks voo i think i’m leading to the rotel
No. The rational decision has been made for you. You objectively like the Yamaha and will buy it.
This is the end of it.

rwortman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Those speakers don’t need more than a few watts. If I was going down the high sensitivity horn speaker route again, I would get a low powered tube amp and an inexpensive external DAC. It’s really the kind of thing those speakers are made for.

Luxman
Icon Audio

Snoopy

Major Contributor
thanks for all you help guys at the end I got the Rotel RA-1592 MKII

Your decision but I think it's totally overkill for your speakers since they are easy to drive.

The Cambridge Evo 150 would have been plenty powerful and offer all the streaming capabilities that you could ever need and would allow you to replace your htpc for example.
Or flawlessly integrate a TV into the setup.

OP
mata7

mata7

thanks snoopy, i really don’t need any streaming capability, i dont use any music server only local file, the hdmi i do like through but is not important

A Surfer

Major Contributor
thanks snoopy, i really don’t need any streaming capability, i dont use any music server only local file, the hdmi i do like through but is not important
You just don't know it yet, but you absolutely do need streaming. I am old school in the sense that I have been buying physical media since the 1980s and ripped hundreds of cds to local access, but even so, Tidal is an absolute godsend for me. The cost per month is trivial and integrating streaming services is also very simply. You really should consider streaming. I cannot think of a single reason not to also use streaming in addition to local files. Just my 3.67 cents.

Overseas

Major Contributor
In 2022, no streaming is like no Whatsapp.
You do not listen to TB, you listen to music. Whenever you hear of some new track or album, you can jump on the streaming just to check it.
Also, old music, no matter how good the artist, is rarely mastered and produced to sound as spectacular as new music.
And this is my opinion, a guy still buying CDs.

OP
mata7

mata7

right, well enjoy your music streaming, good thing we have a lot of choices, some people like streaming others dont, i will never see my self paying any streaming server, no music no netflix nothing, but is ok if others do i have no problem with that

Top Bottom