• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need Portable DAC/AMP for my KZ EDC

Goddevil Gamer

I need improvement on sound quality for kz edc, so please suggest me a portable dac under 50 dollar

mugbot

Forum Donor
Improvement when compared to what source? KZ EDC is not demanding to drive, I'd be surprised if you saw much difference using anything above one of the little apple lightning/usb-c dongles. Those dongles are actually quite good for IEMs, and beat many built in DAC/AMP units within phones.

You could look at something like the Qudelix 5k if you want more features (crossfade, eq, filters etc.) but that's out of your price range.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I need improvement on sound quality for kz edc, so please suggest me a portable dac under 50 dollar
Look into how to add eq into your chain rather than changing source device. What phone /device are you plugging them into now?

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
For a thumb drive DAC/AMP in such price category see availability of good old TempoTec Sonata HD Pro.
Regarding EQ and on Android see if your IEM's are supported by Wavelet.

staticV3

Master Contributor
see availability of good old TempoTec Sonata HD Pro.
It's nonexistent. The Sonata HD Pro has been discontinued and long since sold out. Same as the Meizu HiFi and Meizu HiFi Pro.
See if you can order a Ugreen 80583 from here or here still.

Top Bottom