• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need help with REW and my setup.

mteetank

Need help with REW for measuring speakers. My setup is with the Behringer 8000 into an audio interface then into my laptop. Last night I measured my current two way project and came up with the top graph which is "normal". Today all my readings / graphs. have the distortion dropoffs at 2.4Hz, 7.6 Hz, 13.Hz, and 18.8Hz. Anybody know what settings or equipment connections could be causing this. Anyone every encountered this and figured out what is doing this.
Thanks much!

Attachments

• Spectrom_208_HiVi_Tweeter_Both.jpg
    Spectrom_208_HiVi_Tweeter_Both.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 46

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Are two speakers playing in the bottom graph?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Under Settings->Soundcard, make sure that you're using the ASIO driver in case your audio interface comes with a native ASIO interface (requires manual driver install), or if it doesn't, then use Java EXCL.

Either of these options will ensure that all Windows APOs are bypassed and audio is sent straight from/to REW without further processing (as opposed to regular Java).

Last edited:
OP
M

mteetank

Are two speakers playing in the bottom graph?
No. This graph is what I get when I am mic'ing one speaker. My assumption is that this graph is not a true representation of the sweep due so something not set correctly or ???

OP
M

mteetank

Under Settings->Soundcard, make sure that you're using the ASIO driver in case your audio interface cones with a native ASIO interface (requires manual driver install), or if it doesn't, then use Java EXCL.

Either of these options will ensure that all Windows APOs are bypassed and audio is sent straight from/to REW without further processing (as opposed to regular Java).
The audio interface I am using did not come with a driver but I will look around. When I first set up the sound card cal file it worked fine and I got a nice flat curve and I have been using that file for my sound card. I decided to see if I created a new sound card cal file if it was like my original.....Nope! (see attached) I also to a screen shot of the preference panel to see if anyone can see if there is something out of wack.

Attachments

• SoundCard_Calib_Sweep_Bad.JPG
    SoundCard_Calib_Sweep_Bad.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Screen_Preferences-SoundCard.JPG
    Screen_Preferences-SoundCard.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 34

sam_adams

Major Contributor
Make sure any monitoring functions on the interface are turned off. Make sure that all enhancements for the input and output device are disabled.

Top Bottom