• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My room with an acoustic treatment model

Pancreas

- Speakers Genelec 8030c
- Audio Interface Motu Ultralite Mk5
- Genelec stands

I'm a guitar player and I play through my speakers using a software called Neural DSP that mimics real guitar amplifiers. This works well, the downside is that the computer must be ON whenever I want to play. Alternatively, there are physical amp modelers that sound better and can be connected to your audio interface via Spdif.

I also play video games on my PS5 and computer. I listen to music, videos, etc. I'm hesitant about buying a subwoofer as I live in an apartment, but also I wonder if it may affect my guitar playing

My room is small around 13x13. My next step is EQ correction and room treatment. I requested advice from a company called GikAcoustics that sells treatment. The designer provided me with products and a model of how to treat the room. It seems overdone, but I may start with a couple of panels and go from there.

My current room has stuff that may or not affect sound.

- Thick black curtains to cover light
- Solid wood desk.
- Porcelain tile floor
- concrete ceiling

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 9.16.58 PM (1).png
    Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 9.16.58 PM (1).png
    1.3 MB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 9.16.37 PM (1).png
    Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 9.16.37 PM (1).png
    1.4 MB · Views: 99
  • Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 9.16.05 PM (1).png
    Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 9.16.05 PM (1).png
    985.4 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 9.15.30 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 9.15.30 PM.png
    894.9 KB · Views: 96
OP
Pancreas

Pancreas

list of products lol I'm looking for more affordable alternative or I will simply use fewer, but his advice is mostly bass traps with some diffuse/absorber

2 -4” Impression Series Bass Trap Diffusor/Absorber (Square) @ $84.00 on the front wall, one on each side of the TV (if they'll fit?)
4 -244 Bass Trap w/FRT (12"x48" Narrow) Full Range@ $72.50 one on the left side wall next to the desk and three between the closet and bathroom
4 -244 Bass Trap Full Range (24"x48" rectangle) @ $96.95 one on the wall next to the window and three on the ceiling midway between the speakers and the bed
3 -Ceiling Cloud Mounting Brackets @ $18 per set to mount the ceiling panels
4 -4” Impression Series Bass Trap Diffusor/Absorber (rectangle) @ $128.80 spread across the rear wall

OP
Pancreas

Pancreas

What would be an affordable company to purchase similar products? Based on what I read and my room being only 13x13, for a smaller room, you want to focus on bass trapping more.

His recommendations make sense. Bass traps in between closet and bathroom. Bass traps next to the window. Bass traps on the ceiling between desk and bed.

Diffusor/absorbers on front and back wall.

Anton D

Addicted to Fun and Learning
GIK really seems to run in the reasonale range for prices.

Show us the 'after' pics when you are done.

OP
Pancreas

Pancreas

GIK really seems to run in the reasonale range for prices.

Show us the 'after' pics when you are done.

I like their impression series, looks nice. I've been researching and found other companies but their product aint as nice and not that much cheaper, the difference isn't much if at all.

Anton D

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I like their impression series, looks nice. I've been researching and found other companies but their product aint as nice and not that much cheaper, the difference isn't much if at all.
I hope you love them!

Top Bottom