• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How can I improve my setup?

Pancreas

1887C61C-4477-4563-9E51-457A0D83DACB.jpeg

- ps5
- genelec 8030c
- cheap ass keyboard lol
- Gigabyte m28 monitor
- Motu ultralite mk5
- cheap HP pavillion computer
- Sennheiser 598hd
- cheap chair

Future plans

- better keyboard and mouse
- ps5 black plates
- zerosurge or surge x
- Genelec stands
- gaming computer
- maybe a subwoofer
- rgb lights lol
- good chair
- oled TV
- Axe FX guitar amp modeler

Last edited:
cheap ass keyboard lol
The keyboard is a precision device as is the mouse. Get a proper membrane or mechanical keyboard. I had 2 mechaical keyboards and went back to a membrane type for silence of operation and because the Logitech mechanical keyboard I bought for $120 lasted me 3 years and failed.
- genelec 8030c
They need to be on higher stands and they will sound better.

Yep, get the Gens up off the surface of the desk and they will open your eyes. Even if you have to use unsightly beer cans or old books like the dude at NoAudiophile.com does.

Get a measurement microphone, like UMIK-1.

Measure the response and you’ll see the effect on the frequency response due to the desk. Then lift the speakers off the desk and measure again.

Plus, you can correct for any room modes at the same time.

Also, read this.

In other words, a measurement microphone and applying your own manual PEQs is basically a requirement today, assuming you can’t apply DSP from an automated system.

Back
Top Bottom