• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What else can I do to my setup?

Pancreas

I ended up getting the Genelec new stands. I think my "audiophile" inspired setup is almost done. I live in an apartment, so a subwoofer may not be a possibility.

I wonder if adding a soundbar under the monitor would harm anything.

My computer monitor has speakers. I keep wondering if there is a way to run them at the same time with the Genelec to provide a more immersive experience. is this possible? would it detract from the sound experience?

At the moment, I can't listen to them at the same time, I have to change the playback device

All that is left is to add some treatment to my room and I plan on getting sonarworks for EQ

Plan on removing that PS4 and getting a bigger TV maybe 48". The one I have is old and 43"

The wall is the only place my TV can go. I could connect my TV to my audio interface via optical to listen through Genelec, but I don't know. I usually watch TV lying down in bed, is the only way.

Thought about getting those wireless surround setups for the TV but thats another plan

index.php

Attachments

• unnamed (30).jpg
    unnamed (30).jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 306

Anti-Climacus

My computer monitor has speakers. I keep wondering if there is a way to run them at the same time with the Genelec to provide a more immersive experience. is this possible? would it detract from the sound experience?

What is this, a thinly veiled attempt at trolling? I can't imagine you are talking seriously! :confused:

JSmith

Master Contributor
I wonder if adding a soundbar under the monitor would harm anything.
Yes it will... nah don't.
Possible... but once again, don't bother.
All that is left is to add some treatment to my room and I plan on getting sonarworks for EQ
Measure first... consider treatment if required from there. Get a UMIK, install REW;

JSmith

bodhi

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just adding more stuff for no specific reason rarely brings any real benefits, especially when severely limited by things like room and budget.

OP
Pancreas

Pancreas

Just adding more stuff for no specific reason rarely brings any real benefits, especially when severely limited by things like room and budget.

Depends on the cost

Galliardist

Major Contributor
Top Bottom