• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most aesthetically pleasing amplifiers

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Dog Ugly I tells ya.

giphy.gif

bunnyfuzz

Sharp SM-SX100 - Unmatched build and appearance from all view angles. Side accents are actually aqua/pool green. Photo makes them appear more blue. The Sharp was a cut above the Lyngdorf Millennium in build excellence.

P1000834a.jpg
P1000841.jpg
P1000837.JPG

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I can't help but believe the best aesthetic and sonic solution (to say nothing of economic value) for one's amplification needs is to buy one of these:

DO01030096-1-scaled.jpg
*laugs in Audiophonics prices*

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I'm surprised nobody has mention the Pass Labs 'x.5' series of amps that I always and still admire esthetically. This is the X150.5 amp I owned for a number of years ...

gi.mpl
Looks like the D'agostino amps might have -- if Dan hadn't been frightened by an H.G. Wells book. ;)

Last edited:

mattanderson

I can't help but believe the best aesthetic and sonic solution (to say nothing of economic value) for one's amplification needs is to buy one of these:

DO01030096-1-scaled.jpg

Barf. Not in this thread.

And definitely don't open it up if you want aesthetic pleasure.

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
Barf. Not in this thread.

And definitely don't open it up if you want aesthetic pleasure.
I guess you didn't read the text that went with the pictures - the point being that it doesn't matter what it looks like when it's hidden inside the aesthetically pleasing furniture. Having said that, the VTV is for me far from the worst offender in this thread.

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

DO01030096-1-scaled.jpg
Well I own one of those, a VTV stereo Purifi with VTV buffer with Sparkos SS3602 op amps. I agree that it's a great sonic solution; I cashed in my Pass Labs X150.5, (a very handsome looking amp), for mine.

But as for the VTV aesthetic, it's at best strictly utilitarian.

D

Deleted member 47224

I'll have to agree with above post about looks and opinion, to each his own.

But anyway, all of the Sony ESPRIT line looks incredible to me :

ta-n902.JPG

I also like the products from Aqua, but no amplifier there. Kyocera made some beautiful ones, name A-710 and A-910. Other stuff like Meridians or Quad have already been posted and I discovered this one yesterday, which I think has the same vibe, kind of :

710640sLEDs***.png

And finally, I quite like this one two :

Z10Integrated-001-sqb.jpg

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

DO01030096-1-scaled.jpg

I think the little Ghent cases look good from the front, but I prefer the ones without a big repackager logo.

ncore-color.jpg

The size makes them ideal to be not seen, too. I've also always had a soft spot for the style of 1990s Meridian, such as the 551 integrated I owned for a while:

meridian_551_stereo_integrated_amplifier.jpg

Top Bottom