• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

moOde on Raspberry Pi Zero W 2

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
Has anyone tried using moOde on the new Raspberry Pi W 2? I've got one on the way and I'm curious if I can load up moOde as is (v7.4.1) or if there's some hacking that needs to be done. This thread suggests moOde won't work "out of the box": https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=4414

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just ordered mine. Has anyone tried camilladsp yet?

SlowCar

How much convenient is moode based raspberry pi? Is it stable? Can i have many eq on it for different headphones and speakers? How is apple music streaming candled? Can i have it with coax output? And also rca output? Any recommendations?

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I received mine and ended up unable to connect it to my wireless ap. Escalation to tier 2 support at ubiquiti established that the pi was not attempting connection with the ap, despite the wpa configuration being apparently fine on moode. After hours of attempts to troubleshoot it I installed volumio which was fine. It is now a roon end point and working perfectly. Frustrating really as I love moode, and camilladsp in particular.

bahamot

Mine connected just fine to ubiquiti LR AC (using moode 7.6.1)

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Mine connected just fine to ubiquiti LR AC (using moode 7.6.1)
That’s interesting. I’m stumped, logs on moode show wpa connection attempt, logs on router show nothing.

bahamot

Might be something to do with ubiquiti's firmware version and/or controller version. Mine has not been updated to the latest one.

pat1251

Moodeaudio en openhom renderer sur pi 2w dac 30 bubbleDs sur Tab à Qobuz le tout fonctionne parfaitement...

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
Moodeaudio en openhom renderer sur pi 2w dac 30 bubbleDs Qobuz le tout fonctionne parfaitement...
1652600869033.gif

Top Bottom