• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

moOde audio player for Raspberry Pi

Tim Curtis

Hi,

This is a placeholder thread for those of you interested in news and announcements regarding moOde.

moOde 8.3.8 is available in the Media Player OS section of the Raspberry Pi Imager or as a direct download at https://moodeaudio.org. Visit the Forum for more information https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=6226&pid=52132#pid52132

-Tim

moode-r800.png

OP
Tim Curtis

Tim Curtis

I don't think so. Last year a user in our Forum tried to do this and ran into some show stoppers having to do with systemd, etc.

What's the usage scenario?

anotherhobby

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I don't think so. Last year a user in our Forum tried to do this and ran into some show stoppers having to do with systemd, etc.

What's the usage scenario?
I run all my linux server processes in docker containers for isolation, testing, ease of use, and maintainability. When I want to run something new on one of my linux servers, I look for an existing docker container, and if one doesn't exist, I evaluate if it's worth containerizing something for my use.

aagstn

I was thinking of setting up Volumio on a Pi 5, but while I'm waiting for that to ship I set this up on an old Pi 3B+ with a HifiBerry Digi+ hat and I'm impressed.
This is performing much better with my NAS than Volumio did on a Pi 3. I went ahead and setup my 7in Pi touch screen too and will try this as my daily driver for a while for streaming.
Library management like this was what I was missing using the Wiim software. This is much closer to the ease of Volumio and doesn't have a monthly fee.

EagleShadow

Hello,
I have installed Moode Audio version 8.3.9 bulleyes via pi imager on a Raspberry 2B.
The first launch goes well then the screen goes black at the end.
I can access Moode Audio from my computer via the IP address, but I can't access the menu. In fact, every time I click on "configure" for example, a full-screen "Moode" appears and I can't control it.
Has this problem already been discussed, and what are the solutions? Or have I missed a step?
Thanks a lot
Patrick L.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Falco

Forum Donor
Hello,
I have installed Moode Audio version 8.3.9 bulleyes via pi imager on a Raspberry 2B.
The first launch goes well then the screen goes black at the end.
I can access Moode Audio from my computer via the IP address, but I can't access the menu. In fact, every time I click on "configure" for example, a full-screen "Moode" appears and I can't control it.
Has this problem already been discussed, and what are the solutions? Or have I missed a step?
Thanks a lot
Patrick L.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Hi Patrick, that sounds like a weird issue, never experienced that with my moOde.
I advise you to head over to the moode forum and post your question there.
You will have a much faster response to your issue.

Top Bottom