• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

MiniDSP: good customer service

Larudakote

Hi!

I bought, for me or friends, many miniDSP interface, like 2x4, 2x4 HD, 2x8 or NanoAVR HDA (also the excellent Umik 1).
One 2x4 and the NanoAVR was falling down (frozen).
Of course: out of warranty; is it fragile hardware? The question remain.

After some exchange with miniDSP customer service, they asked me to send them back (to HK!) without any guarantee of success (because of the discontinued NanoAVR).
Result: two new hardware 10 days after; they changed each motherboard!
That is what I call a very good customer service ;)

Regards.

ocinn

Yup, and their forums are always crawling with employees to offer support & insight. Great company.

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
It’s nice to have this data point.

Thanks for sharing.

MAB

Major Contributor
I have also enjoyed the MiniDSP gear I bought. And they have great after-sales service in my experience. They also have a rally informative website with tutorials and application notes.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
same here, great company! I hope they join the AVR race soon with upmixing and DIRAC.

My Flex was almost permenantly bricked with the transition to the new interface (never ending requests to update firmware on launch) which pushed me to go back to the previous interface. Few months later i uninstall everything and reinstall everything back and the problem is gone.

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Glad to hear they've gotten better. Years ago my exchanges with them were almost insulting in lack of real information after repeated requests.

Top Bottom