• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help Combining Motu Ultralite Mk5-Spl 2Control-MiniDsp Hd

DrSpan

Sorry but i am not sure i originally posted in the right category so here it is again:

Hi everyone.
Hope you are doing superb!

I am hesitating cause i have a relatively good hearing but Electronics and Voltages etc are not my strong suit…..
My signal chain is Motu Ultralite Mk 5 interface -> Spl 2 Control monitor controller -> Output 1+2 to Active Monitors and Output Sub to Subwoofer

I ordered a MiniDsp Hd 2x4 processor but started reading its Specs and it can operate with an input of 2 or 4 Vrms.

The Spl Controller can output 21,3 Dbu so somebody told me this is around 8.5-9 volts?

So my Questions are:

1) How do i know when my Spl outputs 2 or 4 Vrms so i don`t exceed the allowed voltage on the MiniDsp? Is it a dangerous combination in the first place?
2) In order to have constant Highest resolution on the MiniDsp and not affecting it by having it receive Varying Voltages when it is placed after the output of a Volume knob
my first thought was to put it between the Motu and the Spl cause i have constant Level going from the Motu to the Spl and regulate Volume with the Spl.
But then i realized that i can do this and X-Over and Process anything i want but as soon as i go into the Spl (to which i could send Sat+Sub signals) it will logically be mixed
together inside the Spl. So i guess not the best solution.

Am i missing something ? I would much appreciate your opinions and advice cause i am a bit stuck inside my head and am not sure what`s the best solution

Top Bottom