• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mesanovic RTM10

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Mesanovic RTM10 full range monitors, not constant directivity, ( but very fine measurements, this is for you 617)a true ribbon tweeter, superb uncoloured sound quality.
Just one of the cutting edge loudspeakers available at Purité Audio London.
https://www.puriteaudio.co.uk/mesanovic

Keith

Last edited:

Wombat

Master Contributor
It must vibrate a lot judging by the pad and suspension underneath.
Thinking.gif

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I asked Deni (Denial Mesanovic) about the design and effectiveness of the platforms, I ordered a pair to try.
This is Deni’s reply,
Quote,
‘The springs used in the Iso platform are specifically chosen to provide proper loading of the springs with speakers ranging from 40-110lbs bring the naturally frequency of the system to around 4-6Hz with decoupling starting around 8Hz. Changing the springs for ones with different parameters would completely change the function of the platforms.

I performed extensive measurements using accelerometers to measure transmission with and without the platforms across the entire bandwidth. The reduction of vibrations to the first surface and stand/console/walls/floors were dramatic especially when listening to bass heavy music and at higher SPL levels.

Many studios/setups probably already have heavy duty stands that perform just fine, but the platforms are really meant to squeeze out every last bit of performance increase. We mainly designed them to mount on Sound Anchor stands since that is the most widely used stand in professional studios, at least here in the states. ‘
Keith

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It must vibrate a lot judging by the pad and suspension underneath. View attachment 120417
This part of the design is actually one of the features that attracts me most to this manufacturer.
From a noise and vibration isolation perspective speaker supports have been amongst the most technically misunderstood aspects of hifi in the press IMO.
The whole "mount them rigidly" fashion was bollox from day 1 because nothing is rigid over the full range of audio frequencies, but the press ran with it (on record players too) and have continued for decades.
If you don't want your stands and floor to be an inaccurate sounding board for your speakers making sure they are mechanically decoupled is essential and these are the first I have seen with both polymeric (good for higher frequencies) and springs (good for low frequencies).
Decades ago I measured the difference in cabinet and stand vibration level on a pair of LS3/5as and target stands I had in my office between sitting on cones and using peas sized balls of blutak squidged between them. I didn't quantify the squidging ;) so maybe not a strictly scientific test, but the vibration level on speaker and stand were both reduced by "lots", or to use a different unit "shed loads".

I shall be asking @Purité Audio for a demo once this pandemic lockdown is lifted. Keith has most of the intriguing speakers available these days so getting a proper demo is, at last, feasible :)

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Mesanovic RTM10 full range monitors, constant directivity, a true ribbon tweeter, superb measurements superb uncoloured sound quality.
Just one of the cutting edge loudspeakers available at Purité Audio London.
https://www.puriteaudio.co.uk/mesanovic

Keith
I didn't realise these were constant directivity, are there measurements that show how much they are constant?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Thanks A I will amend it is a 5” midwoofer.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I owe everything to Serge and his opus ‘ how to succeed in audio retail’!
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I will check with Deni, just saw these on the mesanovic site,

Keith

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I didn't realise these were constant directivity, are there measurements that show how much they are constant?

They aren't constant directivity. Directivity should be acceptably smooth given the small midrange driver and big tweeter.

Constant directivity has pretty precise conventional definition, meaning a speaker that uses one of several means to free itself from the gradually narrowing directivity from omnidirectional bass to very directional treble exhibited by all direct radiating speakers like this one. These means are the use of arrays, with or without time delays, dipole and cardiod radiation, and waveguides/horns. A speaker using none of these means is not constant directivity by any reasonable definition, no matter how smooth and well integrated the off axis response is.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They aren't constant directivity. Directivity should be acceptably smooth given the small midrange driver and big tweeter.

Constant directivity has pretty precise conventional definition, meaning a speaker that uses one of several means to free itself from the gradually narrowing directivity from omnidirectional bass to very directional treble exhibited by all direct radiating speakers like this one. These means are the use of arrays, with or without time delays, dipole and cardiod radiation, and waveguides/horns. A speaker using none of these means is not constant directivity by any reasonable definition, no matter how smooth and well integrated the off axis response is.
I could not see how they had achieved it either, hence my request for measurements. I'm hoping to be proved wrong by the evidence.

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I could not see how they had achieved it either, hence my request for measurements. I'm hoping to be proved wrong by the evidence.

You know how audiophiles make claims which clearly violate the known laws of physics? Creating direct radiators which don't gradually narrow in dispersion as you increase frequency is kind of like that. There are two exceptions, one is that as loudspeaker cones break up, they effectively turn into a collection of smaller sources, widening directivity. This behavior is chaotic and not really a design strategy for anyone making an accurate speaker. The other exception is the BMR driver, which uses tiny weights to control breakup behavior and increase dispersion.

This looks to be an absolutely excellent speaker, I don't know who decided to call it CD but I doubt it was the designer.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Deni has posted these before, perhaps in the other non dealer scum Mesanovic thread.

Keith

Reactions: 617

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Deni has posted these before, perhaps in the other non dealer scum Mesanovic thread.

Keith

Right, not CD by any definition, but good measurements nonetheless. They managed to integrate the side mounted woofers and minimize issues with the tall tweeter. Very competent design with high end drivers, I like it.

Top Bottom