• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mesanovic RTM10 Monitor

Jason K

Is this the same driver as in the Revel Performa3 M105? Looks the same (and looks like the one in my M106, but smaller).
Is this the same driver as in the Revel Performa3 M105? Looks the same (and looks like the one in my M106, but smaller).

I don’t know what driver model exactly is used in Revel, But I heard that they are using SB acoustic drivers.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hope you get a chance to hear the RTM10 some day!

Yes at some point. Since the RTM10 was mainly designed for professional studio settings we opted for an analog input only since it's still the choice of most studios. AES/Optical inputs could be updates in the future.
Any A to D conversions in the signal path?

YSC

Major Contributor
it looks impressive and at a "budget" (way over what I would have ever spend, but anyway looks great overall!) looks like a real competitor to the D&D 8C etc. seems like all in a sudden Neumann and Genelec TOTL ones got some real challengers!

only a few geek questions:

1) is/will there be a DSP editing app so we can tailor one's room response into the speaker? it would be nice if there's a measurement and correction app setup to make this thing shine in every room, at this price I personally expected some more control just like Genelec's GLM

2) is the amp Class D/AB? I see it's having a sealed chambers for each module, so did you guys investigated would heat build up and affecting the speaker's life?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
When I first lifted one it was much heavier than I expected and ’felt’ like metal.
They are super, tomorrow I will set them up next to the GGNTKTs.
Keith

deni

Audio Company
it looks impressive and at a "budget" (way over what I would have ever spend, but anyway looks great overall!) looks like a real competitor to the D&D 8C etc. seems like all in a sudden Neumann and Genelec TOTL ones got some real challengers!

only a few geek questions:

1) is/will there be a DSP editing app so we can tailor one's room response into the speaker? it would be nice if there's a measurement and correction app setup to make this thing shine in every room, at this price I personally expected some more control just like Genelec's GLM

2) is the amp Class D/AB? I see it's having a sealed chambers for each module, so did you guys investigated would heat build up and affecting the speaker's life?

There is no room correction software equipped with the speakers at this point. Perhaps we may add this in the future, but since we don't have the resources of a company like Genelec and software design is not my specialty that would be difficult to provide off the bat. Seems like most engineers/home users have already invested in some sort of room correction software.

Amplifiers are Hypex Ncore Class-D and no issues with heat build up that would affect lifespan. If we were to step up to their more powerful Ncore options we would definitely add some ventilation/larger heat sink.

Last edited:

extenso

Forum Donor
There is no room correction software equipped with the speakers at this point. Perhaps we may add this in the future, but since we don't have the resources of a company like Genelec and software design is not my specialty that would be difficult to provide off the bat. Seems like most engineers/home users have already invested in some sort of room correction software.

Amplifiers are Hypex Ncore Class-D and no issues with heat build up that would affect lifespan. If we were to step up to their more powerful Ncore options we would definitely add some ventilation/larger heat sink.

Very interesting speakers. I would like to see a version in white and fitted with a TosLink connection for plugging into a TV. Maybe in a future generation if sales justify it?

Savi

Hi,

I just discover this speaker by chance. It is interesting and seems well design. I have a question for the manufacturer: apparently you are using the hypex fusion 253 but do not let the possibility to use the digital input (as the original plate which can be used as preamp with a remote), I was wandering why ? There is a similar choice with the "telegrapher loudspeaker" made in UK so I guess there is a good reason.
Small remark: on your description it is mentionned "Each speaker has a combined 650 Watts of power" but the amp is 250+250+100 @ 4ohm so I suppose it is a typo ? Thx.

Scholl

To me the rear plate looks like a modified version of the fusion amps, but not necessarily the FA253 specifically. It was probably a custom order from the manufacturer. Maybe the digital input was removed to reduce costs.

Anyway, on the RTM10 specs (page 1 of this thread) I can see the following figures, which match the 253 specs :

Hypex NCore Class D
High: 100W
Mid: 250W
Low: 250W

But no mention of combined 650 Watts of power. Maybe on another spec sheet ?

Savi

Yes, you are probably right about the "cost saving reason" but if the manufacturer could confirm ? Maybe there is a technical reason ?

Regarding the power, yes the spec sheet is good. I was just informing the manufacturer about a typo on its website
Screenshot_20210111-155459.jpg

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Time for a shootout with the D&D 8c's

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
8C is a quite a bit more expensive, though judging by the spin here, this speaker could probably hold its own.
There is a studio model of the 8c which may be more costly, but is in the same price class.

Logix

I'm waiting for some reviews / comparisons before I will order a pair.. if someone had a chance to listen to the RTM10 next to a high end studio monitor and can share his thoughts it will be great.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hmm yet another DSP speaker without digital inputs ? Why ? I understand that you have to design some kind of volume control application or solution around that like a remote control for example or a control unit of some kind and a connector between speakers for the other channel .

Savi

I had the same question on post #93. Especially in this case because it seems to use hypex fusion plate which has a digital input and has a remote control. As I mentionned early, it is the same with the "telegrapher loudspeaker" so there is probably a rational explanation. Maybe hypex provides a simplified plate without digital input to professional manufacturer ? Always desappointing to put a dac in front of an adc. Even if with the recent dac performances, it is transparent.

Top Bottom