• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of Sonore microRendu Streamer

BobShermanEsq

What is sad is believing advertising copy for products with nary of any validation. I don't spend $700 blind this way. Trying to cheer ignorance is not something to be proud of.
Yes you do know allot about marketing... Since this is audio smart people use their sense of hearing to make their choices.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
It's been shown over and over again that many things audible cannot be measured. Of course there are some that are not willing to believe this and just feel our mind is playing tricks on us.
Some? No, it is the entire scientific research and engineering of audio that has that opinion. What has been proven over and over again that such differences are routinely are imagined. The reverse as you claim has never been demonstrated.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Yes you do know allot about marketing... Since this is audio smart people use their sense of hearing to make their choices.
They never do. If they did, they would do their evaluation such that the only thing that was the arbiter is the sound entering their ears. Instead of that, they let all of their senses get involved.

You continue to waste our time with these arguments.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Just because :)

It's been shown over and over again that many things audible cannot be measured. Of course there are some that are not willing to believe this and just feel our mind is playing tricks on us. My opinion is that the mind is much more powerful than these few individuals give it credit for, and we should trust ourselves when we listen. YMMV
You have no idea of how silly that statement is...

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Vanity vanity all is vanity, unsighted level matched comparisons Bob you should try them.

Keith

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
When you purchased your system components , how did you make your decision?

Interestingly, I did not hear my speakers, amplifiers, preamp, DAC, HDRadio, CDPlayer (as transport), Oppo (for video discs, mainly), miniDSP, DRC Software, subwoofers, spdif switch, isolation transformer, rockwool batts, nor even my room before purchasing them.

Phelonious Ponk

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Just because :)

It's been shown over and over again that many things audible cannot be measured. Of course there are some that are not willing to believe this and just feel our mind is playing tricks on us. My opinion is that the mind is much more powerful than these few individuals give it credit for, and we should trust ourselves when we listen. YMMV

An example?

Tim

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
When I was young I believed everything I read , in terms of audio and placed my faith completely in audio dealers, what a complete sap I was!
Keith.

BobShermanEsq

An example?

Tim

Tim,

Just generally most people make audio decisions by listening. Even earlier in this thread when Michael was asked about why he changed his amplifiers, it was a listening decision. And the responder discussed how certain amps might sound brighter, and different op amps would change the sonic signatures. Nowhere in this back-and-forth are there precise measurements detailing these changes. It was a brief audio discussion, which is what most people do. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but it seems it can be rather selective and not necessarily fairly applied to all.

Regards
Bob

Last edited:

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Tim,

Just generally most people make audio decisions by listening. Even earlier in this thread when Michael was asked about why he changed his amplifiers, it was a listening decision. And the responder discussed how certain amps might sound brighter, and different op amps would change the sonic signatures. Nowhere in this back-and-forth are there precise measurements detailing these changes. It was a brief audio discussion, which is what most people do. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but it seems it can be rather selective and not necessarily fairly applied to all.

Regards
Bob
Within the sphere of the self ones own subjective conclusions are all fine and dandy... It's when you take those fallible impressions and try and create a truism with wider significance that you run into trouble...

You then want to design, make and sell products based purely on those subjective beliefs... Oh dear! Then want to argue known reason... Oh dear, oh dear!

Mivera

Major Contributor
Tim,

Just generally most people make audio decisions by listening. Even earlier in this thread when Michael was asked about why he changed his amplifiers, it was a listening decision. And the responder discussed how certain op-amps might sound brighter, and different op amps would change the sonic signatures. Nowhere in this back-and-forth are there precise measurements detailing these changes. It was a brief audio discussion, which is what most people do. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but it seems it can be rather selective and not necessarily fairly applied to all.

Regards
Bob

I agree with this. But hasn't Jesus said himself that the better the power supply, the better the sound? Didn't Chris say in his review that it sounded better with the Sonore Signature power supply? Why is this? Amir did show that with a better supply, the measured results were better. So there is some truth to this after all. But why is there truth to this? With premium on board LDO's, the chips on the board should be getting clean power regardless of the external supply feeding it. This is the whole reason for making the board custom with linear regulators. If the linear regulators aren't doing their job, might as well buy a $145 NUC instead.

Has anyone who actually bought the microrendu, compared it with the $145 Intel NUC running command line Linux NAA or Roon RAAT powered by the exact same supply?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
It's been shown over and over again that many things audible cannot be measured.

I imaging that may be true. As soon as you can bring the results forward from a indisputable bias controlled blind listening test run with a large number of learned listeners, that shows one of these magic dust widgets to be undeniably audible. I'm sure then the scientific community will rapidly find the underlying measurable aspects and determine whether said widget makes an improvement or just creates an new distortion.
When Copperfield, Henning, Seigfried & Roy, etc; make the elephant disappear do you "trust only your eyes" here too? The senses are the last thing you should fall back on to deliver factual evidence to your brain.

Mivera

Major Contributor
You can learn a lot from this pathetic little setup I have on my desk for my office system. I have dirty SMPS's, clean SMPS's, Clean LPS's, Discrete class A opamps, IC opamps, a regulator board with extremely low noise regulators and very high PSRR, and separate DC inputs for every section of the DAC board.

IMG_4852.JPG

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Just generally most people make audio decisions by listening.
Once again NO. They judge by using all of their senses, their memory, history, what they bought, etc. If they only they trusted their listening and only listening, we would have no conflict.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Once again NO. They judge by using all of their senses, their memory, history, what they bought, etc. If they only they trusted their listening and only listening, we would have no conflict.
I don't know if humans can do that, and even if they could how would they know for certain?

Our perceptions of the music we listen to at home or when testing things subjectively suffer too many contributing factors (those other than solely what we are listening to) to be reliable. I don't think there is much to disagree with there, it's kind of a fact.

Even in a harman test you could argue the fact events are being knowingly recorded and observed ( it's a test, the human is aware of this) the results are... Only the best we can do rather than perfect.

For perfect you would have to find a way to isolate the test ( knowing of the test) from the parties involved.

Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Hey those pills you sold me are working a treat!

I feel whole again :D
Don't Bogart, share some please!
I may need them to deal with the suddenly renewed Disney World character posts around here all of a sudden. ;)

Top Bottom